sell the older version of VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.0 2 month old licence

I'll sell my 2 month old license for $100.00. Had to shut down my site for lack of funds. Any one want it let me know. You can email me at [email protected].

Comment

I think a toned down version is a bad idea. People are just going to hack it to the way the orginal is, and that isnt fair for the full paying customers. If ya can't pay for it, TUFF, im 16, and I bought it! (though a friend, cuz I lack a credit card) But I forked the cash over!
      MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

well I think it could be done with limited uses...I mean whats wrong with that unless you just signed up for it...I think it's a good idea...
        Would you rather have ppl use illegal versions...I would rather have a legit license and it be limited than that...besides it being illegal and the problems that could be encountered...but VB would still make money either way...

pay for features like a new car that what you trying to say???

and rember if it does happen not to forget the one who thought of it...

Comment

Synx: Good point. Maybe disallow hacking? Definitely disallow distribution of hacks in any case if not outright disallow hacking.

Comment

Not everyone has a rich momy to pay for your website endeavors,

If you kill hacking or hack distributing then your going to kill half your community.most of the hacks have brung about new ideas and improvments to the software

Comment

I'm not saying disallow hacking for the full version. I'm saying disallow, at the least, distribution of hacks for this "lite" version so you couldn't hack your "lite" board into a full version and then tell everyone else how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
                Would you rather have ppl use illegal versions...
                Personally I think most of the people that would go to the trouble of finding and using an illegal version of the software would not for a stripped down version - no matter what the price.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I agree with that..

VB could always remotely host VBlite or full VB then there wouldnt be a worry what so ever of hacking or pirating

as long as VB is availible to download
                  its like selling dope to a dope dealer and asking him to agree to not selling it..
                  Last edited by upperking; Wed 18 Jul '01, 10:57am.

Comment

Originally posted by upperking
                    VB could always remotely host VBlite or full VB then there wouldnt be a worry what so ever of hacking or pirating

nooo.

Comment

Originally posted by
                      I had been disagreeing that but recently, I am beginning to feel that it could be one of the way to maintain forum a bit easier. My host is a fine host but even they often have mySQL sudden shutdown and such. I will be moving to a semi-dedicated server soon because of that. The forum database crashes whenever the mySQL gets shut down suddenly.

0.02 cents.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X