sell the older version of VB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sell the older version of VB

I was thinking maybe if vb would go with this idea...sell the older vb's like version 1.12 for like 50 bucks or so just a number...so that ppl can maybe buy that instead of use lite...? you still get money...and there is no tech support for it if you sell it...and no improvements....

Vb lite is better then the pre1.5 versions of vb
    but thats a guess
    Last edited by upperking; Tue 17 Jul '01, 2:36pm.

Comment

Originally posted by upperking
      Vb lite is better then the pre1.5 versions of vb
      but thats a guess
      Ummm...? News to me

Comment

vBLite is not really supposed to be used as a functioning bulletin board - it is for that reason that fairly fundamental features like user registration are not included in vBLite.

It's really only supposed to be a technology test for your server to make sure that it's actually capable of running the full version of vBulletin.

Comment

well its just an idea...not too bad of idea I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
            vBLite is not really supposed to be used as a functioning bulletin board - it is for that reason that fairly fundamental features like user registration are not included in vBLite.

It's really only supposed to be a technology test for your server to make sure that it's actually capable of running the full version of vBulletin.
            ohh a server tester?
            i figured there was nothing to it just provide a server with php and mysql and tada..
            seems like alot work just to install a tester lite version and then haven to delete the tables in the db for somthing that does nothing

Comment

vBLite tests a whole load of settings that are required for successful installation of vBulletin...

Comment

AHH ok, in that case then you should make vb 1.5 your lite version. then the lite vb2.0 change the name to "VB SERVER TESTER"

Comment

<edit>

Nevermind, it isn't worth it...

</edit>
                  Last edited by Jordan; Tue 17 Jul '01, 4:02pm.
                  Jordan Gadd
                  Contact Information

Comment

I knew what he meant
                    Last edited by upperking; Tue 17 Jul '01, 4:27pm.

Comment

Can someone answer my post....???

Comment

1.1.2 is insecure....1.1.6 is still an official supported release (IIRC). I'm confident in saying "it ain't gonna happen."

Comment

yeah I didnt think it would either...but I would love to see a cheaper...maybe a lower grade vb....I cant always afford vb...ever have that prob...I like to stick on bb...not go between this an phpbb which I am running my supportforums off right now...

Comment

If it were to happen (speculation here) it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to use 1.1.6 for it. I would think a pared down version of 2.0 would make more sense - easier to support because everyone's using the same basic product and easier to keep it secure because again, everyone's using the same basic product.

Comment

hmmm, feature limited "lite" version? interesting...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X