X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Quillz

• Quillz
    replied
    I thought this thread was going to be about experiences we've had with UPS, the United Parcels Service. I was going to say that FedEx was better...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Working on it.

Leave a comment:

• simsim

• simsim
    replied
    You speak about your home as it's fully digitilized & wireless, Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I have APC power supplies on all my computers and my DVR. Haven't had a problem with them and they work just fine. They have enabled me to work through several rolling blackouts over last summer.

I have these:
    http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...otal_watts=200

There are a total of 6 in the house. One for each computer (4), though the laptop actually has a battery as well. One for my router, cable modem and printer. And one for the DVR.

Leave a comment:

• Gladius

• Gladius
    started a topic UPS experiences

UPS experiences

I've bought a Sweex 1000VA about a year back and am returning the POS tomorrow... Over the course of the year I've managed to see it fail more and more often when it should have kicked in (minute power interruptions and surges are a major problem here, especially during summer and snowy winters), up to the point where it obviously doesn't kick in at all any more. It's a funny thing because if I kill electricity myself (even repeatedly, rapidly), it does kick in, but when the power goes out for a second, for example, it doesn't. It's happened to me twice over two days now, and it's really pissed me off.

This Sweex UPS is actually more powerful than I need and I've purposefully shelled out a bit more money to be on the safe side, but it's turned out to be total crap. It has a 3-year warranty, but I wonder what they'll do with it now that I'm returning it... probably put it in a corner and ship it back to me after a month saying that their "tests" have verified that it works just fine.

So I'm wondering what are everyone elses experiences with UPSes.