Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is missing from the Internet?

Or, what will the next big thing be?
    So far we have a way to find information quickly (Google), share videos (Youtube) and pictures (Flickr), and help stalkers find our whereabouts easily (MySpace).

What is lacking? What will be the next hole we find filled? Or, what would be cool to have that a site hasn't already covered?

Not really so much as what is missing. Its who can do the information exchange better. Everything on the internet is about exchanging information whether it for education, business or entertainment.

I would guess that no matter the subject, it probably is covered on the Internet somehow already.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Not really so much as what is missing. Its who can do the information exchange better. Everything on the internet is about exchanging information whether it for education, business or entertainment.

I would guess that no matter the subject, it probably is covered on the Internet somehow already.
      Indeed. It seems that governments and state organizations are slow in the sharing of data, department. For example, I was looking for an XML/RSS feed recently for localized crime statistics for the UK. Although the data is published, it's not exactly in a scrapeable format. Would have been nice to have got it in a feed ;(
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

A quote from Steve Jobs
        "People can't tell you what they want. They'll just know it when they see it".

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

I agree as well.

Everyone who wants to emerge as a hero from the dust of the next Internet collapse, should work on information retrieval.
          You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X