No announcement yet.

Would any of you guys find this useful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would any of you guys find this useful?

I started this as sort of a pet project testing out some stuff and I'm wondering if it would be something worth putting some effort into. Basically I've coded a windows application that will grab a 'Snapshot' of a vbulletin forum (ie: who's online, post totals, etc) and display it in a user friendly GUI. I was thinking it would make it easier to view whats going on with a forum and what your users are doing on it. The possibilities for statistics is really endless. There is no limit to the data that can be collected.

Here's a basic screen shot to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Do you think something like this would be useful to you as an administrator of a forum?

Here's a link to a full size screen shot so you can get a better idea.

http://www.dogsbyte.ca/rc/temp/e4f0c4ff358d499f.jpg
    Reality Check!

This looks pretty interesting.

So is it like a frontend where the admin has to log in, then is taken to the stats?

Comment

It's an app the admin would run. You don't have to login. When you set it up you configure a password. It is only available to the admin of the site.
      Reality Check!

Comment

I need someone with a forum that has 200+ users online at a time to let me test it on their forum
        Reality Check!

Comment

Are you calling the database directly?
          www.MCSEboard.de
          German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas P View Post
            Are you calling the database directly?
            I use a php script to provide the data to the application. It's 100% safe. It is password protected and the only queries the script executes are select queries.

My forum only has about 80 or so users on at a time so it's hard to judge the speed of the application as I am working with a small dataset.
            Reality Check!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X