What Chat Do you Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Chat Do you Use?

I am using an IRC based chat now and lots can't get on because of Java permissions and browser issues.

Looking for a better chat program to use that is VERY SECURE.

Lots use Flashchat but I recall awhile back it being exploited so it worries me. Is it secure now?
    Group Builder

Going from irc java applet to flashchat will only decrease security in my personal opinion.

I'm using pjirc and run the vb fans chat network, and it's going great. The regulars simply use mIRC or xChat to connect.

Comment

I don't use any web chat programe but I have used a script what comes with cpanel (forgot the name)

Comment

I'm currently using a java chat. http://www.addonchat.com/ (formerly RaiderSoft). It's nice due to the transparent vBulletin authentication integration.

I'm looking at moving to a Flash based solution because I'm fed up of all the support requests from Windows users who don't have Java installed.

I'm looking into this one which also has a video chat feature.
        http://www.fcschat.com/
        http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Java chat needs users to install, it threats users away, flashchat works well, but it can't support more than 50users as i know. There are more choices, such as 123flashchat, userplane, chatblazer, but they all ask money.

Comment

userplane only ask for money after 10 people online. I installed that for a rave club to stream webcam videos.

Comment

what i see is Userplane supports unlimited users, i haven't used it, Does it ask for money when it exceeds 10 users, OH, cheater, Money makes the world go around

Comment

I use RealChat

www.realchat.com
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

IRC is basically free, I don't see why they would ask for any money per x users. Ridiculous if you ask me. Sounds like I made the right choice with IRC back in 1994 and pjirc as java applet. All browsers support Java, and it's easy to install. And users only have to click 'trust' once. Not more of a hassle then installing a chat client. And the same applies for flashchat. I get as many users to complain about outdated flash versions or browser not having flash installed yet.

Comment

The real chatter uses IRC

Comment

All the sites that I use chat on use Ventrilo or Teamspeak. Both can be integrated into the forums if the chat server is setup correctly. Teamspeak server is free for the most part but Ventrilo has better compatibility with non-Windows OS. Both require a separate client to be installed and do require a microphone to participate instead of just listening.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I used to use digichat, one of the most poplar chat applets in the web.
                        $post[signature]

Comment

One what comes with cPanel. (If I have to)

Comment

www.parachat.com is very good, the chat is on their server so you dont need to worry about bandwidth and what not.

Comment

nice thread! thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X