No announcement yet.

Which is better in your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I own a business forum, so it doesn't make any impact, but to be honest I've always view forum posts before registering. boards that are protected I just say.. sod it and google for another.

Comment

I usually prefer to let guests view the whole board, but they are required to register an account if they want to contribute to any threads or start their own.
      Forums

Comment

When I started, I required registration to view threads, but I stopped after going to a couple other sites that required me to do the same thing. Who can be asked to jump through the registration hoops just to see if the content is even worth reading? Lets face it, there is a LOT of carpy forums out there.

As soon as I lifted the restriction, I had better quality of registrants and better search engine results which resulted in more registrants.

Good luck
        My Twitterings

Comment

I dont see a reason why I would register to a forum I can't see whats going on inside. To me its a waste of time as the threads could all be spam or pointless or not relevant to what I am looking for. Sometimes people like to see the general attitude of users on the forum before registering to it so they know what they are getting themselves into .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X