Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most exspensive software you have ever purchased...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    That is quite a food budget there. You spend almost as much every week on food that I spend in a month. I am feeding 5 people as well. And it isn't like we skimp on food here.
    I eat a lot , plus food is expensive here.

Comment

That is quite a food budget there. You spend almost as much every week on food that I spend in a month. I am feeding 5 people as well. And it isn't like we skimp on food here.
      Spending £100 a week on food is not that much really. If you want to eat decent food you need to splash out unfortunately. I'm just praying someone has the guts to introduce a fat tax soon .

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
        Spending £100 a week on food is not that much really. If you want to eat decent food you need to splash out unfortunately. I'm just praying someone has the guts to introduce a fat tax soon .
        Tax's are already way to stupidly high.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
          We spend $80-$100 a week on foods. We don't buy a lot of processed food or name brands such as pre-sweetened cereal or meals in a box. Local foods and organics are actually cheaper most of the time. We do purchase a pig every year and have it raised by a friend. The pig costs $500 over the entire year though or $42.00 a month. Other than that, mostly greens, squash and fruit.

As far as the topic, not many software purchases in my future. If I upgrade to Vista, it will come on a new machine. That would probably be the most expensive purchase. Most of our software is relegated to games and stuff like Quickbooks. There really isn't a lot of high-cost software that is needed outside of its specific markets.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
            Yes but food for a week only costs around £189 a week which usually leaves plenty of money left over.

plus for smokers usually costs around... 887 a week due to how greedy the government are (I've never smoked due to I hate the smell).

and car fuel, depending on how far you have to go a week, £50 to fill tank, usually lasts 3 days, which is then around £100 a week, add it all together its not that much really, plenty of money to spend on computers .
            Way too expensive.

plus for smokers usually costs around... 887 a week due to how greedy the government are (I've never smoked due to I hate the smell).
            You didn't say £887 on smoking did you? some people don't get that a month never mind spending that amount on cigs..

Comment

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
              Way too expensive.

You didn't say £887 on smoking did you? some people don't get that a month never mind spending that amount on cigs..
              Well, How am I supposed to know how much "Cigs" cost if I've never even bloody smoked/purchased them? I hate the damn things they smell horrible & they killed my grandfather

Comment

We spend $80-$100 a week on foods. We don't buy a lot of processed food or name brands such as pre-sweetened cereal or meals in a box. Local foods and organics are actually cheaper most of the time. We do purchase a pig every year and have it raised by a friend. The pig costs $500 over the entire year though or $42.00 a month. Other than that, mostly greens, squash and fruit.

As far as the topic, not many software purchases in my future. If I upgrade to Vista, it will come on a new machine. That would probably be the most expensive purchase. Most of our software is relegated to games and stuff like Quickbooks. There really isn't a lot of high-cost software that is needed outside of its specific markets.
                Is the pig for a special occasion?

Comment

Unreal Engine
                  3 - $750,000 (For 1 Platform) + $100k (For Every Other Platform)

Renderware SDK-- $200,000

Source Engine - Estimated over $200,000

CryENGINE - Estimated Over $200,000

No, i didn't purchase any of these myself..
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Well, How am I supposed to know how much "Cigs" cost if I've never even bloody smoked/purchased them? I hate the damn things they smell horrible & they killed my grandfather
                    9-$10 a pack up here in Ontario, Canada..
                    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I wish if I could buy one of those +$100,000 enterprise level oh yeah CMSes out there just to check their codebase & see if it really justifies those mega prices. I bet it won't differ that much from vBulletin's core modules.
                      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

They do differ believe me. Many features, no question. One thing I can say: there are many expensive out there where the quality isn't really good. Especially when considering the prices.
                        http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                        German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas P View Post
                          They do differ believe me. Many features, no question.
                          That's why I've said vBulletin's core modules. For example, vBulletin's access control that is presented in it's permissions system. Also, and to some extent, many features doesn't mean better solution. It is when features are scaled up well with the overall stability & functionality of the software that counts.

Comment

You guys don't spend much do you?
                            *shrug* I just can't justify shelling out a few grand for something I can download for free

Comment

Who's talking about free here? Unless free in the sense of "illegal"?

Comment

I've spent more on enterprise software than most will earn in a lifetime.
                                The most expensive I purchased was software to run a system by Rexcon. It cost just over $1mil.
                                Last edited by AWS; Fri 18th May '07, 7:42pm.
                                Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X