What do you think of Web 2.0?
    Is it all just hype?

What is Web 2.0?

I don't have a clue

Comment

Don't even get me started...
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Hyped up rubbish by people who don't understand the internet.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web20

Comment

Nice concept overall. It's only a name to show that today's internet is very different from what it used to be.

Comment

Thanks Floss

Comment

It is being hyped but when you look at it overall it is simply technology catching up to a 20 year old vision of what the WWW should be.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  It is being hyped but when you look at it overall it is simply technology catching up to a 20 year old vision of what the WWW should be.
                  This is pretty much the way I feel (although with a bit different wording). I think the technology was there, just the idea wasn't implemented until community sites became more popular, and people got used to more interaction through sites, rather than viewing static content.

Honestly (and this question seems a bit familiar from #vbfans ;D), I think Web2.0 refers to two main things: more user interactivity (either user to site, user to user, or both), and a glossy, easier, "less is more" approach to the user interface. The UI is what I like to call "an Apple inspired look", and it seems some sites slap a couple gradients up and say "we're 2.0".

What I would like to call Web2.0, however, is:
                  1. Either technology used for the purpose it was created for
                  2. New technology created to cover needs that the above wasn't meant for
                  3. An ease of use experience for the user
                  4. Sex appeal in the layout
                  1 and 2 are most often talked about as tables vs. CSS, and incorrectly talked about as "why I never use tables for anything".

Comment

Recognizing Web 2.0
                    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Web 2.0 is dead. It's all about Web 3.0
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X