No announcement yet.

About John's recent announement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, let's get back to topic.. Can we have different title?

Comment

Klisis: I don't think different titles will be given. Part of the idea behind making this info only available to mods & admins was that not just anybody could find out if you have a valid license as it is really none of their business.

Jake: That's not going to happen. Reason being that while we want to curb piracy we don't want to make potential customers not able to ask questions. Although what might work is to make certain forums, such as Installation, such that only licensed owners can post new threads.

Comment

[off-topic]where the heck is Kier?

[on-topic]I like this idea very much, props for the vB team
        Who thought of it?
        Webmaster
        http://www.AutomotiveForums.com

Comment

Updated. But I do agree with the above. A title of Paying Customer or something. This will help.

Comment

But that would go against the idea that it is not necessary for members to know who is licensed; it is none of their business
            At the moment, the only ones who can find out are the Mods & Admins and I doubt that will be changing anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by auto
              [off-topic]where the heck is Kier?
              ::waves hand in air::

Comment

Originally posted by Kier

He's back lads and lasses - hide!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                  ohhhhh.

Comment

I'v updated

Comment

so, any official word on this yet?
                      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

The official word has already come in the form of Moderators and vBulletin Developers

Comment

Done. Although when i saw a new post in the announcement board i was really hoping for vB 2.0.2
                          The Wiire

Comment

i wonder if normal members can get a indicator of some kind whether a member/poster has entered their license info, otherwise how would normal members know if this poster has a valid license?
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                              i wonder if normal members can get a indicator of some kind whether a member/poster has entered their license info, otherwise how would normal members know if this poster has a valid license?
                              I'm running into the same dilemma. I want to help, but I want to make sure that these are legitimate licensees first. It appears that a good percentage of people requesting help lately don't have valid licenses.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah but this valid license is pretty cool, one could use the same system for a subscription based too for paying/sponsoring forum members
                                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment