X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Offers Updates to MySQL

http://www.betanews.com/article/Goog...SQL/1177527505

http://google-code-updates.blogspot....t-enhance.html
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

If you read those pages, Google offers a modified MySQL, not the standard MySQL.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

That's pretty cool, but I'll be sticking to standard MySQL for now.

I may test that stuff on my new test server.

Comment

It's also for 4.0.26 version.
        And most of the changes are in the areas of replication and logging.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
          If you read those pages, Google offers a modified MySQL, not the standard MySQL.
          Marco, it's my understanding that Google released patches to improve and add enhancements to MySQL itself, not releasing its own version of MySQL.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Dammit, why won't they just let MySQL die! There are so many other free competitors out there, most of which are so much more strictly relational and SQL standards compliant than freaking MySQL.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Because Mysql luvs you
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
                Dammit, why won't they just let MySQL die! There are so many other free competitors out there, most of which are so much more strictly relational and SQL standards compliant than freaking MySQL.
                Cant be that bad if SAP can run on it.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
                  Oh yes, I so agree.
                  TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X