Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does microsoft internet explorer have to break everything?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why does microsoft internet explorer have to break everything?

    Why does Microsoft internet explorer have to break everything?

    Anyone able to help me with this one, here's the pictures

    Firefox:


    IE:


    Anyone able to know why IE sucks so much?

    Here's the code:
    HTML Code:
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr><td width="13" height="42"><img src="http://www1.razehosting.co.uk/images/table_top_left.gif" border="0" alt="" /></td>
        <td class="tcat"><strong>Options</strong></td><td width="13" height="42"><img src="http://www1.razehosting.co.uk/images/table_top_right.gif" border="0" alt="" /></td>
    <tr>    
    </tr>
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr>
    Any ideas on how to sort IE out?
    Last edited by JakeS; Fri 20th Apr '07, 3:02pm. Reason: Fixed.

  • #2
    Oh.. fixed it sorry.

    If it wasn't for the html quote obove I would have never noticed what I done wrong.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JakeS View Post
      Why does Microsoft internet explorer have to break everything?

      Anyone able to know why IE sucks so much?
      IE doesn't really suck (as much) anymore.

      IE renders HTML pretty much exactly like Firefox. The main difference is in how they render CSS. IE7 is much more consistent with Firefox, and any problems with rendering can be solved by using conditional tags to include custom browser-specific CSS.

      The days of CSS hacks are over. Making everything look right in all major browsers is easier than ever. The only annoying thing, however, is IE's lack of support for :hover.
      :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
        IE doesn't really suck (as much) anymore.

        IE renders HTML pretty much exactly like Firefox. The main difference is in how they render CSS. IE7 is much more consistent with Firefox, and any problems with rendering can be solved by using conditional tags to include custom browser-specific CSS.

        The days of CSS hacks are over. Making everything look right in all major browsers is easier than ever. The only annoying thing, however, is IE's lack of support for :hover.
        I'll be sticking to firefox for the mean time, as I have it modded just right, got me Ad Block Plus, No Script installed, stops all pop ups and advertisements and some bad script Even stops google ads

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't stand Firefox. Occasionally I get an email from a visitor to my flooring site that says they can't register. I could never figure it out and never even thought to ask if they were using FF or what. Today I was messing with FF and set it to render in IE mode and there it was. In IE mode, it somehow won't take users to the register page if they click the button. Other direct links or keyword links work, but not the button. In FF mode it works just fine. Happens in Netscape too - won't work in the IE render mode, but will in the FF render mode.

          Tabs don't work as well in FF either. Ever since FF 2.0 came out, I have had more problems with it. Seems the best part of it is the view source feature.

          Jim
          If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
          www.TheFloorPro.com

          Comment


          • #6
            IE works fine for me I use to use "Firefox" but I have been converted back to IE ever since I purchased "Vista" its ran like a dream.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eJM View Post
              I can't stand Firefox. Occasionally I get an email from a visitor to my flooring site that says they can't register. I could never figure it out and never even thought to ask if they were using FF or what. Today I was messing with FF and set it to render in IE mode and there it was. In IE mode, it somehow won't take users to the register page if they click the button. Other direct links or keyword links work, but not the button. In FF mode it works just fine. Happens in Netscape too - won't work in the IE render mode, but will in the FF render mode.

              Tabs don't work as well in FF either. Ever since FF 2.0 came out, I have had more problems with it. Seems the best part of it is the view source feature.

              Jim
              If plain ol' HTML isn't working with Firefox or Opera then you can almost guarantee it's coder's error.

              Your register button may use valid XHTML but it's formed in a way that I've never heard of before. It does work for me in Firefox but I was a little surprised to find it worked at all. Try this instead, which is more consistent with button usage:

              HTML Code:
              <form action="$vboptions[bburl]/register.php">
              <input type="submit" value="$vbphrase[register]">
              </form>

              Comment


              • #8
                Usually its the code your trying to use that is junk, not the browser .

                Comment


                • #9
                  I couldn't tell any difference between them two images..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This thread is funny. You're funny

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                      This thread is funny. You're funny
                      Who's funny?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                        Why does Microsoft internet explorer have to break everything?

                        Anyone able to help me with this one, here's the pictures

                        Firefox:


                        IE:


                        Anyone able to know why IE sucks so much?

                        Here's the code:
                        HTML Code:
                        <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
                        <tr><td width="13" height="42"><img src="http://www1.razehosting.co.uk/images/table_top_left.gif" border="0" alt="" /></td>
                            <td class="tcat"><strong>Options</strong></td><td width="13" height="42"><img src="http://www1.razehosting.co.uk/images/table_top_right.gif" border="0" alt="" /></td>
                        <tr>    
                        </tr>
                        <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
                        <tr>
                        Any ideas on how to sort IE out?
                        Aaaargh, tables!!! .

                        Nashtax: I think he meant the rounded corner not displaying in IE correctly.
                        vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
                        Visit my site today!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ah ok, thanks for clearing things up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                            The only annoying thing, however, is IE's lack of support for :hover.
                            I thought pseudo-class selectors were supported all in IE7!
                            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X