alexa strange ranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexa strange ranks

Get the rank of any site from alexa.com...

And copy the ranking that appears:

Then paste the number anywhere ...

Appairs: Traffic Rank for vbulletin.com: 1,993

After pasting: Traffic Rank for vbulletin.com: 1,9794413964953
    $post[signature]

Do any one else face that problem?
    $post[signature]

Comment

Alexa isn't a very accurate ranking system. You can adjust your ranking just by installing the toolbar and setting your browser on an auto-refrsh page.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        Alexa isn't a very accurate ranking system. You can adjust your ranking just by installing the toolbar and setting your browser on an auto-refrsh page.
        Yeah if only my AV would let me install it

Comment

Well yeah.. it is considered malware by most Antivirus and Antispyware applications. Which is funny because it really doesn't do anything more than the Google Toolbar or the MSN Toolbar. The Google toolbar is even included in some Antivirus application downloads. I guess Google and Microsoft provide better incentives to third-parties than Amazon does.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Well yeah.. it is considered malware by most Antivirus and Antispyware applications. Which is funny because it really doesn't do anything more than the Google Toolbar or the MSN Toolbar. The Google toolbar is even included in some Antivirus application downloads. I guess Google and Microsoft provide better incentives to third-parties than Amazon does.
            I can't install either of them

Comment

I hate toolbars. They confuse me when browsing, and they don't really benefit me.

The main benefit of toolbars was pop-up-blocked. And I think most of browsers have this feature by default now.
              Last edited by Mazinger; Fri 27 Apr '07, 8:08am.
              $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X