Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4.0?

Hello.

I was wondering if there were any offical word on a vbulletin4.0 and if so wether it'll be as big a surprise was from 2.0 to 3.0.

I remember the night (as im in the UK) waiting all night pushing refresh > refresh > refresh waiting for the vbulletin website to come back in its current form.

Would love to see a 4.0. Something really snazzy and different.

Any news / ideas / words?

Hope your enjoying your day.

david

When theres vB4 news, it will be posted, untill then read this

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224441

Comment

I'm sure it will be posted as and when, but i was just wondering if there were any 'teasers' or 'snippets'. I didn't mean to ruffel and feathers.

Comment

Just keep your eyes on the forum, read the posts made by staff (and take their news as unofficial news until it shows up in the announcement forum), and who knows, maybe here and there you find some little teasers and snippets. I am pretty sure that some of the devs at some point have said "we have this planned for vb4" or something like that.

Right now, there's no news. I also do not know anything about vb4, so can't leak you any teasers either.

Comment

ok floris cheers

So much has changed since i last saw both your names :P VBT and vb.nl...

Comment

Indeed, vbt is now merged with vborg, and vbnl has grown into vbfans

Comment

I wonder if vB 4.0 development will be slow down because of the 2 addons being developed atm.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                I wonder if vB 4.0 development will be slow down because of the 2 addons being developed atm.
                No... Everything is based on a core engine. This means that technologies created for plugins would be available for vBulletin and vice versa. What you will most likely see though is a leap-frogging effect.

For instance, Project Tools has more refined AJAX features and a different outlook on graphics. This can be moved to vBulletin under 4.0. vBulletin 4.0 may introduce new features that would be integrated into Project Tools 2.0 and so forth.

If it really becomes an issue, we can hire more developers.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  No... Everything is based on a core engine. This means that technologies created for plugins would be available for vBulletin and vice versa. What you will most likely see though is a leap-frogging effect.

For instance, Project Tools has more refined AJAX features and a different outlook on graphics. This can be moved to vBulletin under 4.0. vBulletin 4.0 may introduce new features that would be integrated into Project Tools 2.0 and so forth.

If it really becomes an issue, we can hire more developers.
                  Ah right thats cool then. Cause I would have thought they would leave vBulletin 4.0 until the project tools and blog is released. That would be pretty bad though.

I do hope Jelsoft hire more developers to overcome the extra work load .

Thanks for your reply Wayne.

Comment

I think Jelsoft might have to, because it has grown quite a bit now. I remember back in the 2.x days... those were the great days.. well except for the hacks, they took forever to do, especially when a new update came out :P

Comment

Having a rough roadmap would be great, such as "first half 2008" e.g.
                      www.MCSEboard.de
                      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X