MySQL import/export for dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL import/export for dummies

I have a couple of orphan apps and I need to migrate the data over to different apps, but I know zero about MySQL. Is there an app that will read the tables in two databases and let you match them up, then import the data out of one into the other?

The simpler the better, I'm totally hopeless at all this.

I use TextMate on the Mac or UltraEdit on the PC and make 2 data export .sql files from mysqldump (shell command to export data) and these text editor programs support regular expression find/replace. If it then finds mutual insert fields it strips them, leaving me with one data file of different data, which I then import into the new database. (allthough sometimes auto increments etc have to be updated to make sure it works).

Note: this is not smart to do with vbulletin at all.

Comment

Thanks. I have UltraEdit, I'll fiddle with it and see if it makes any sense at all.

No, vbulletin is far to important for me to monkey around with like this. Besides, the support is so good I wouldn't need to do surgery like this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X