Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Style, any comments?

Hey guys/girls,

I've just about finished my new style,Just pulled it from my test forum to my main forum, its still in development stages, but would I be able to get some comments on it from you guys?

http://forums.razehosting.co.uk/index.php?styleid=11

Thanks.
    Last edited by JakeS; Sun 15th Apr '07, 4:33am. Reason: Changed URL

Looks nice. I think you should change the table border color too.
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

It seems too bland to me, and it is also lacking color?
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
        Looks nice. I think you should change the table border color too.
        Ok, I've changed the border colour, do you think it suits?

Originally posted by IDN View Post
        It seems too bland to me, and it is also lacking color?
        I'm trying to go for a sort of silvery light, I've always had dark or medium lightness forums or websites, I thought I'd try something different.

Comment

I kind of like it, a bit more color wouldn't hurt though, but it looks ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
            I kind of like it, a bit more color wouldn't hurt though, but it looks ok.
            You say "A bit more colour" but, do you mean on the main banner or on the gradients or the icons? explain a bit more so I can try to improve it.

Comment

I bit more texture on the icons that should get attention.
              And I don't mind bright green or yellow, something subtle.
              For example, if there are new posts in a forum,
              or perhaps the newthread and newpost buttons.
              Stuff like that.

Comment

It's very....um... phpBBish...
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

... Looks like this one: http://forums.blitwise.com/forums
                  $post[signature]

Comment

More colours would make it look more vibrant. I mean, the text is grey, the backgrounds are grey, the icons are grey. Lots of people consider grey to be a very... boring colour.
                    vBulletin 5.0 coming soon... :confused:
                    Visit my site today!

Comment

Originally posted by forumguy View Post
                      More colours would make it look more vibrant. I mean, the text is grey, the backgrounds are grey, the icons are grey. Lots of people consider grey to be a very... boring colour.
                      Yeah, I don't like it because of its monochromatic blah. Oh well, I am not a member so don't have to like it.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                        I bit more texture on the icons that should get attention.
                        And I don't mind bright green or yellow, something subtle.
                        For example, if there are new posts in a forum,
                        or perhaps the newthread and newpost buttons.
                        Stuff like that.
                        Okay.. I'll see what I can do with those buttons, or I might just make a fresh set a different colour.

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                        It's very....um... phpBBish...
                        In this case, I'm going to spend a bit longer editing the theme than exspected, I'm going to take it a couple of levels higher.
                        Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                        Um... That's a lot darker than mine.

Originally posted by forumguy View Post
                        I see the text as black , but I will look into it and see what I can do.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Yeah, I don't like it because of its monochromatic blah. Oh well, I am not a member so don't have to like it.
                        That's very true, you don't have to like it.

Comment

I would definitely add more color, fix some images that show the white background on the white... but over all it doesn't look bad as a start.
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                            That's what my forum looked like 4 years ago, I'll tell you from experience, these dark colors usually don't go too well.
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

It's too monotone for me... Maybe you could add more color variations? It's alright I guess, but not bad as a start - just could use some color enhancements, as others have pointed out.
                              The Relationship Forum
                              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X