• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    Alexander? Never heard of it..
    300 was good, not great.
    I don/t see how it is getting amazing reviews, but it was a good movie.
    It only has a 61% on RottenTomatoes, so the general consensus of critics seems to agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Downloaded it, Watched 10 minutes of it and deleted it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Alexander? Never heard of it..
    300 was good, not great.
    I don/t see how it is getting amazing reviews, but it was a good movie.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    What did you think of Gladiator Kier?
    Loved it. Some of the best cinematography for quite some years.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    What did you think of Gladiator Kier?

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure this thread was started by a robot, I'll pitch in with...

Are you insane??? Alexander was catastrophically, dismally awful! I watched the super director's recut special edition with knobs on version and my overriding thought when the ordeal of watching it was finally over was "if it was recut to make it so much better, how attrocious must the original version have been?"

Leave a comment:

• Greps
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    I haven't seen 300 yet. Is it similar to Gladiator in any way? Also, have you read the graphic novel? I'm wondering how faithful it is to the original story.
    yes, I have read the original comic and yes, 300 the film is as good as a film adaptation of a comic can be. it does have some spinoffs, for example queen Gorgo's role in the film is much bigger than in the original comic, but I guess that's something the producers had to do in order to attract more male (and female ) viewers. this doesn't lose the film any points though.

300 it is similar to Gladiator in some ways, and very different in others. it's all about how you watch those 2 films and what themes you are looking at. personally, I liked 300 better than both Gladiator and Troy. let's not even mention Alexander because that film has forever become the benchmark for crap.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    300 was amazing. Alexander was okay but it simply lacked.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Gladiator meets sin city .. alexander sucked

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps View Post
    Alexander was the only movie which was so unbelievably boring, that I, my girlfriend and my friends left the cinema half way through the movie. fagfest.

300, on the other hand, was great. easily one of the best movies I've seen in many years. 9.5/10
    I haven't seen 300 yet. Is it similar to Gladiator in any way? Also, have you read the graphic novel? I'm wondering how faithful it is to the original story.

Leave a comment:

• Greps
    replied
    Alexander was the only movie which was so unbelievably boring, that I, my girlfriend and my friends left the cinema half way through the movie. fagfest.

300, on the other hand, was great. easily one of the best movies I've seen in many years. 9.5/10

Leave a comment:

• vitavita
    started a topic Alexander revisited

Alexander revisited

hey everyone, did you all like alexander? I thought it was such a good movie. Made Troy look like a joke. And the fact oliver stone recut like majority of the film in alexander revisited made the movie like 10 times better. ANd the fact the dvd came with a free pass to 300 made it even better. has anyone seen 300 yet, such a great film
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X