Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Site is blocked by Filters/Net Nannies, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'd start by implementing PICS on your site. Many filter tools use this first and can be set to disallow any site without a PICS header. From there you will have to contact the different manufacturers as Floris said. As your site gets reindexed by the search engines, this would help as well.

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Check those netfilter / nanny software companies and read their rules pages. Surely they have some kind of FAQ or info on ; what to do if you wrongfully added me to your filter ; .. or simply email them. Tell them you've purchased a domain name, and have no idea who the previous owner is or what type of site he or she run. But that you believe your web site does not qualify to get filtered. And request them to lift it after a review.
    And depending on if they check the sites out or not a second time or so automatically it may be lifted automatically.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Check those netfilter / nanny software companies and read their rules pages. Surely they have some kind of FAQ or info on ; what to do if you wrongfully added me to your filter ; .. or simply email them. Tell them you've purchased a domain name, and have no idea who the previous owner is or what type of site he or she run. But that you believe your web site does not qualify to get filtered. And request them to lift it after a review.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    started a topic My Site is blocked by Filters/Net Nannies, HELP!

My Site is blocked by Filters/Net Nannies, HELP!

Hi all,
    I registered my Domain not too long ago. Apparently, the previous owner of my URL used it as a XXX SEX site. I used Google Webmaster tool and ran the Page Analysis. All these XXX words came up in my Page's "common words" list. And lots of my site's visiters reported that their Internet Filter from their Work Places is blocking them from entering my site. This is really bad!! Can someone point me to a solution?

Thanks
    mlk_f1
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X