Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which new Vbulletin addons will you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
    Floris hasn't said NO or YES... he said he isn't sure what Jelsoft will do. But he was saying that based off scripts and plugins they have given out, they've never charged for any of them.
    I believe support staff know just as much as us. Although they may know a day or a few hours before us about certain things .

I am very certain they will cost (the addons).

The reason people will pay is because any addon a company makes for its product, people will know its at the same standard and same quality as the main product itself. Plus there will be less security issues and easier upgrading PLUS it will be support on vbulletin unlike other 3rd party hacks .

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
      Floris hasn't said NO or YES... he said he isn't sure what Jelsoft will do. But he was saying that based off scripts and plugins they have given out, they've never charged for any of them.
      I have indeed not said YES or NO, but I did not say this: "ut he was saying that based off scripts and plugins they have given out, they've never charged for any of them.". That's inaccurate. I've only commented that ImpEx is an official and supported script, and we do not ask money for that. That is different from 'never charged for any of them'.

Comment

Probably none.

I still believe that vBulletin is the best forum software available today and they should put all their afforts in developing it.

I think that blog software should stand alone as an individual product and not as a big confusing system.

Comment

Originally posted by Omri.L View Post
          Probably none.

I still believe that vBulletin is the best forum software available today and they should put all their afforts in developing it.

I think that blog software should stand alone as an individual product and not as a big confusing system.
          I just wonder how this will affect the development of main vbulletin software. Since the dev team will have 3 things to deal with (bugs / security fixes / updates), I wonder if it will slow anything down .

Comment

When I get a vBulletin again I'll probably get a blog add-on. I don't know how the blog would work, but I would want to use it on the main site to be able to post news and articles and whatnot. I wouldn't want to use it for social-networking or have my users be able to create there own blogs and whatnot.

Comment

One of the sites I have running right now is a small gaming community for friends that I have met online. Nothing really big but it uses vBulletin, vBonjour, Photoplog and a few other integrated addons. Everyone there wants a character journal and the blog product will be perfect for that.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I'd probably buy none of them. I was hoping to see a "vBGallery" really.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  I have indeed not said YES or NO, but I did not say this: "ut he was saying that based off scripts and plugins they have given out, they've never charged for any of them.". That's inaccurate. I've only commented that ImpEx is an official and supported script, and we do not ask money for that. That is different from 'never charged for any of them'.
                  I misinterpretated your "I will BUY", my bad.
                  Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                  Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

I will definitely be buying the blog.

Hurry up!

Comment

I'd like to see them before i buy.
                      www.christianforumsite.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Personally I dont have a use for any of them that Jelsoft is offering, but what I could really use most is an addon or built in multimedia or file storage system.

I currently use the former VB Advanced Gallery (Photo Post Gallery) but that program is way more setup for use as an Image Gallery than a mulimedia gallery.

Anyway my answer for right now though to answer the question is, no I wont be buying any of them currently being offered.

Doug

Comment

I dont buy any add-ons

Comment

Bought the PTools the day before the buyout was announced. Now, in retrospect, I wish I'd waited, since there are competing products which integrate just as well and have come further along.
                            Then there's the sad fact that none of what was hinted at in the announcement has come true thus far.
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

oh.. it make nonsense.. u can select other standalone blog applications, like as wordpress and etc.. i just hope vBulletin provide more selective funtions around blog.. esp i need short domain name as:
                              http://islab.org/blogs/users

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP View Post
                              Bulletin Blog only if we are allowed to run the same without running forums.

Comment

I have both.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X