Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phpBB goes all CSS / tablefree

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    There are slight cross browser differences and some flat out errors in IE7/

    Comment


    • #17
      Jesus...Big Improvement

      Comment


      • #18
        they are still working on it. Its just a first beta of the new prosilver theme. its going to become fly

        Comment


        • #19
          looks much nicer than default vB3.* design. especially with all those line breaks (in the Last Post column) created if you're not using IE, making forumhome about 30% longer than it's supposed to be. I really hope vB4 will not use tables.

          Comment


          • #20
            Theres no reason to not to use tables when they are called for. Tables != evil.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Theres no reason to not to use tables when they are called for. Tables != evil.
              That's true. The main point about the phpBB site is not that they don't use tables, but that they are adopting semantically correct XHTML.
              :)

              Comment


              • #22
                I think phpBB just upped the design standards by quite a bit. I like it even better than IP.Board's standard layout.
                Forums

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  There are slight cross browser differences and some flat out errors in IE7/
                  That must be why it's in beta. They've still got time to work on all of it.
                  Forums

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The only reason I like tables more than CSS is because tables are easier to follow. When you have divs inside of divs it's easy to mess up the layout when trying to add something to a template.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by harmor View Post
                      The only reason I like tables more than CSS is because tables are easier to follow. When you have divs inside of divs it's easy to mess up the layout when trying to add something to a template.
                      Then that's bad coding. Layers upon layers of nested <div>'s are not the proper way to code a page.
                      :)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Phpbb did a wonderful job also on their home page. Makes vbulletin.com look even more boxy and plain.
                        DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by DirectPixel View Post
                          Then that's bad coding. Layers upon layers of nested <div>'s are not the proper way to code a page.
                          I don't know what's proper or bad coding when it comes to CSS.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I didnt like that design much, kinda messy, cant read stuff easily. (my humble opinion)
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Step in the right direction.

                              I'd expect future versions of vB will go down this path as well.
                              Site Admin - http://www.savedbygrace.org.uk

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                vB's homepage is uninspiring and old now, I do hope they plan to give it a good overhaul following their next major release. It doesn't affect me much as an existing customer, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to come up with something a little more in standing with current web trends and such. As for the template code, they've done an interesting job, the style is pretty basic but then it's a default, aye... I wonder if we'll see any more elaborate styles follow suit.
                                Aye

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X