Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Diversity and Freedom Fund

Hello,

I am a volunteer for the new organization HDFF: Human Diversity and Freedom Fund. HDFF purchased a copy of VBulletin several days ago. I am currently in charge of the web design, and the preliminary VBulletin configuration looks like http://www.hdff.org/forum/ Unfortunately, my web design knowledge is limited to just html and Photoshop (I don't know Javascript/Flash/ASP/JSP/PHP/etc., so the website is really not that impressive at the moment. But, I would appreciate any feedback from the experts here on how to enhance our copy of VBulletin and to configure various parameters to match the colors of the original website.

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by HDFF; Sat 17 Mar '07, 8:02pm.

You have too many sections for a startup forum.

Comment

Nice header though
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Strife View Post
        Thank you for the input. Our goal was to launch the site with a big "bang." We wanted all sections up right from the start. We could have launched the site much earlier, but we wanted to be sure we had completed the header, all the menu sections, the donation page with the donation methods, and finally the forum. Once the forum was ready, we started to heavily promote the new organization.

The only thing left for us to do is file for non-profit status with the IRS, but we exhausted our limited funds on the Trademark, copyright, various legal fees, P.O. Box fees, VBulletin liscense, webhosting fees, domain registration, internet security software, etc. We now require $1500 to cover the cost of the non-profit status application fees and the legal advisory fee to fill it out. Hopefully we will receive donations so that we can accomplish this.

Regards.
        Last edited by HDFF; Mon 19 Mar '07, 7:00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
          Nice header though
          Thank You We were fortunate that a major Manhattan-based aerial photography company donated their services by providing us with the shot of the Statue of Liberty. Otherwise the fee would have been $1,000.00.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud Strife View Post
            I now wish I had taken your advice! Feedback from many other people concurred: HDFF was trying to accomplish too many things. So we trimmed the goals by almost 50% and stuck to a more specific theme.

Regards.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X