Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kall View Post
    Bombfire night?

That sounds really horrible, and quite scary.
    lol, its guyforks night you know light fireworks start a massive fire about 10 foot high throw all your junk into it, like doors chairs, tables etc, I'm sure you know of this, everyone does.

Comment

Ahh.

Where I come from (and I suspect, where you come from also), it is called a 'bonfire' and Guy 'Fawkes' Night.
      My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
      vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by kall View Post
        Ahh.

Where I come from (and I suspect, where you come from also), it is called a 'bonfire' and Guy 'Fawkes' Night.
        My Spelling is no good without a spell checker and their was no spelling suggestions for it, yes for guy Fawkes, no for "bon" its called bomb as far as I know.

Comment

It is BONfire...

Guy Fawkes (13 April 157031 January 1606), "The Gunpowder Plot" was a plan to assassinate the Protestant King James I (James VI of Scotland) and the members of both houses of the Parliament of England, by blowing up Westminster Palace during the formal opening session of the 1605 Parliament, in which the king addressed a joint assembly of both the House of Lords and the House of Commons. Fawkes was in large part responsible for the later stages of the plan's execution. His activities were detected before the plan's completion, and following a severe interrogation involving the use of torture and a trial in Westminster Hall before Judge John Popham, he and his co-conspirators were executed for treason and attempted murder. Fawkes's failure (or the attempt) is remembered by Guy Fawkes Night (also known as Bonfire Night or Fireworks Night) on 5 November.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_fawkes

And I don't think everyone knows it since it is an English Holiday.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            It is BONfire...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_fawkes

And I don't think everyone knows it since it is an English Holiday.
            I woudn't call it a holiday

Well I've always said it was bombfire night, oh well people know what I mean as everyone would know this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X