• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by rknight111 View Post
    Here's what they emailed me

I will most likely remove the posts, I was reading the VBullitin registration when you log on as a new user and it limit's the liability.. Should I have some type of Insurance to protect against this issue??

RON
    If you want to play it safe, and resolve this issue the easiest way, then you should comply and remove the posts. If what the users wrote is indeed true, then he's got nothing. The owner of the hotel is merely using scare tactics to try and get you to comply, but it may not even be worth your time to fight it/pursue it, even though you are in the right.

To clarify though, you don't actually have to remove them, and it's not slander, if the statements are true. Slander and libel are statements that are untrue/false.

Leave a comment:

• rknight111
    replied
    Here's what they emailed me

Hi Forum:
    XXXXXXX resort and my name XXX, referred to as 'dick' in several forum comments are being slandered without reason by unknown entities. Not only are the comments untrue and unless people contact me and verify the true story behind things, calling people a name or slandering a business is illegal and thus unacceptable to me.
    As you control this forum I friendly ask you to remove all content to this effect. Should this not be removed by you by Thursday March 15th, we will seek legal actions against you personally and snowandmud.com.
    Thanks
    XXXXXXX.
    I will most likely remove the posts, I was reading the VBullitin registration when you log on as a new user and it limit's the liability.. Should I have some type of Insurance to protect against this issue??

RON

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    If the negative posts are true and not lies then they can't do anything. Correct me if I'm wrong but if a member said "They sneak into your room and touch your genitals" but is in fact not true then you can be sued.
    Last edited by harmor; Tue 13 Mar '07, 8:18pm.

Leave a comment:

• rknight111
    started a topic Liability regarding posts

Liability regarding posts

I am the owner and webmaster of http://www.snowandmud.com , I had a nasty email from a hotel / Bed and Breakfast owner today that gave me 2 days to remove all the negitive posts about his place on my site. #1. I do not put the posts on the site, If there is so many negitive posts about this hotel mabie there true, out of 13 there is one positive. What liability do I hold by leaving stuff like this on and as a bulletin board I cannot control what is posted and isnt there freedom of speach??

RON