what to do with my domain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do with my domain?

It isn't supposed to be an advertisement, I am not trying to sell the domain via this thread!

I have registered the domain validhtml.com long time ago, I already tried to sell it but nobody was interested.

I am paying for the domain so I want to use it but I have not idea what to do with it. I thought about a html forum but there already numerous competitors out there.

The name of the domain narrows down the choice, it must have something to do with HTML...

Post your suggestions here, your ideas are highly appreciated!
    That's the end of that!

I dont really have a suggestion.

Just wanted to comment that i think that is a very good domain name..
    Don/t sell it, it could be worth alot of money one day..

I am surprised no-one wanted to buy it? Maybe due to xhtml and similiar changes..
    Or maybe they felt html has started to become outdated..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

The page currently hosts an online color scheme generator which is pretty popular with German visitors and it gives me 250 visits per day at the moment but besides that I don't see any lucrative addition to the page because the internet is already full of free online tools.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

May be you need make som Ads about it. Then a good price could come out.

I've 4 domains, which I think have awesome names.

But no customers yet.
        $post[signature]

Comment

Hi,
          someone can expain me how I can trust and rely on a domain sell ?

I mean, should I send the money first, or receive the domain first, what to do ?
          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

You can never receive the domain first. You should search for a trusted mediator.
            $post[signature]

Comment

You could always try selling it again

Comment

Well first off I think that's an excellent domain and could be worth a fair bit of money but because it's a specific field it'll only be worth money to a specific range of people.

I think whoever suggested it might be less interesting because of XHTML might be right and if that's true then holding on to it will not do you any favours.

The days of being able to stick a half-empty page online and watch the visitors roll in are long gone. I personally would say unless you plan to put in some serious time with a domain, sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTyger View Post
                  The days of being able to stick a half-empty page online and watch the visitors roll in are long gone. I personally would say unless you plan to put in some serious time with a domain, sell it.
                  That's the problem.. I can't put in some time when I am not sure on what I should spend my time!

Where are the best places to sell it? I tried it once at sitepoint.com but that wasn't cheap and at the end nobody wanted it.
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

You could try sedo.com although the number of parked ad-laden domains they seem to have about the place annoys me no end. Afternic and Enom seem to be pretty giant in that area too and have more traditional auctions.

I came across a site called htmltutorialsite or something, I found it searching on Google for some basic form information and I thought of your domain since it was far better than most of the ones I came across, if I were one of their sites I'd buy yours and make the transfer. So for my money you have a valuable domain, although most are worthless so take that how you will. It's an ultra-rare situation where a domain is more than just slightly profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                      It isn't supposed to be an advertisement, I am not trying to sell the domain via this thread!

I have registered the domain validhtml.com long time ago, I already tried to sell it but nobody was interested.

I am paying for the domain so I want to use it but I have not idea what to do with it. I thought about a html forum but there already numerous competitors out there.

The name of the domain narrows down the choice, it must have something to do with HTML...

Post your suggestions here, your ideas are highly appreciated!
                      You could make a website, with forum etc for noobs to ask for help and/ or you could toss it in the garbage if you keep it a few more years it may come valuable as it is hard to get domains like that as their all taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                        May be you need make som Ads about it. Then a good price could come out.

I've 4 domains, which I think have awesome names.

But no customers yet.
                        What are your four domains?

Comment

You are testing me... as usual.

They are:

<URLs removed for privacy>

Let your script check them everywhen, no vb installed.
                          Last edited by Mazinger; Fri 9 Mar '07, 2:26am.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

The mose important thing is the content of the website.

For example, youtube.com ... I would never think of buying this silly domain name if its site was a blank page...

But its content which made it sold for more than billion dollars, although it was created in mid 2005.
                            $post[signature]

Comment

Ok, youtube has a silly name but great content. My domain has a great name but no content - so, what is worth more?

I gave up the idea of making a HTML forum or something like that.. Maybe I just collect all the data from the various CSS showcases around (like cssbeauty.com) and present it like dontmeetyourheroes.com
                              That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X