Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox look better in fedora than windows vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox look better in fedora than windows vista?

For the first time ever I installed Fedora WITH GUI which normally I don't and obviously never seeing its GUI I must say firefox looks much better than it does on windows but....
    Why?

Here look: (True size:http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4914/linuxbh6.jpg)

Looks better on Mac in my eyes then on linux or windows

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      I havn't used my mac in so long now lol last version of firefox I used on it was 0.5.

And on the Linux its default installed as 1.5.0.7 which is quite old.
      Last edited by JakeS; Tue 6 Mar '07, 3:10am.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS
        And on the Linux its default installed as 1.5.0.7 which is quite old.
        That just depends on which distro you use. Instead of posting after your own post please use edit and update your post? Thank you.

Comment

That just depends on which distro you use. Instead of posting after your own post please use edit and update your post? Thank you.
          Woops sorry about that I usually remember to edit, my bad.

Comment

I don't know. I have never liked the default style of Firefox. Not really to my liking. Even though I don't use it as my default browser, I always change the style when upgrades are needed.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Looks good on Vista too

Comment

Here's a screenshot of firefox2 on my mac. The reason I like it is because it has no distracting toolbars, no flashy colors, and simply has the few buttons I want. Everything else is done through extension / addons or rightclick and appear on the toolbar when required. Simple, clean and works.

http://www.fortehwin.org/firefox2_mac.jpg

Comment

Here's a screenshot of firefox2 on my mac. The reason I like it is because it has no distracting toolbars, no flashy colors, and simply has the few buttons I want. Everything else is done through extension / addons or rightclick and appear on the toolbar when required. Simple, clean and works.

Agreed; although I use smaller icons for the browser control, I like the way it looks.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I have to disagree. I really don't like Firefox on the Mac at all. It doesn't use Quartz, so it blends terribly into Aqua. Firefox 3 is better, as it will be using some native APIs for better integration, but overall, I prefer Camino for when I need a Gecko-based browser.
                    Forums

Comment

If you really want to have a clean UI, you can download the UI Tweaker extension. I use it to merge my Reload and Stop buttons into one, and get rid of the Go menu and button.

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                      For the first time ever I installed Fedora WITH GUI which normally I don't and obviously never seeing its GUI I must say firefox looks much better than it does on windows but....
                      Why?

Here look: (True size:http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4914/linuxbh6.jpg)
                      I'm not seeing the reason behind not showing the browser (or even OS) in the fullscreen. It seems to me more of a "look at this image, I have this many OSes going at the same time just like in that thread I made!!!one one one" :\

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                      I have to disagree. I really don't like Firefox on the Mac at all. It doesn't use Quartz, so it blends terribly into Aqua. Firefox 3 is better, as it will be using some native APIs for better integration, but overall, I prefer Camino for when I need a Gecko-based browser.
                      I'm not sure how many supported themes are available for the Mac, but I've found several that claim to mimic an Aqua theme. Some of these claim to work on Mac though:
                      iPox
                      GrApple - Eos, Eos Pro

Regarding Firefox 1.5.0.10 being used on Fedora, it's because they do not consider 2.x stable enough until it's been tested a bit more with FC. I'm thinking there was a specified time when they said testing would be finished and it would be added to one of the repos. Now, if you're even the least bit familiar with *nix, and really want it, you could just compile it, right? (or cheat and find a premade rpm) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Chousho View Post

I'm not seeing the reason behind not showing the browser (or even OS) in the fullscreen. It seems to me more of a "look at this image, I have this many OSes going at the same time just like in that thread I made!!!one one one" :\

Heres Why I done it like that: So you could see it on windows vista and on Linux so for people who don't have vista or haven't seen it on vista.

Comment

This is how it looks on my screen

P.S. The vnc session is 1280x1024
                          Attached Files
                          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
                            This is how it looks on my screen

P.S. The vnc session is 1280x1024
                            Nice screen size, I'm planning on upgrading to a 30" monitor

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                              Nice screen size, I'm planning on upgrading to a 30" monitor
                              Do it, best choice ever.
                              Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
                              Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Working...
                              X