Lunar Eclipse Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Eclipse Pictures

I was out with the long lenses tonight for the total lunar eclipse, so I thought I'd share a few photos from various points in the transit.
    Attached Files

looks good - it never seen it before - because the moon shows a red part

Comment

Nice Kier..
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Looks great Kier

Comment

Wow, sure didn't look that dramatic up here in Birmingham. I guess the zoom helped. What camera did you use for this? That's a pretty good zoom you got!
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
            I was out with the long lenses tonight for the total lunar eclipse, so I thought I'd share a few photos from various points in the transit.
            Nice pics, Kier! Unfortunately, my side of the planet didn't get much of a view, although I saw the moon low on the horizon, bright white and very large. It's a shame I'm up in the mountains right now, otherwise I'd be viewing it with my telescope.

Oh well, the next total lunar eclipse on August 28 is situated near Alaska, giving me a good viewing angle.
            Forums

Comment

Nice photo's Kier. I watched the eclipse last night too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                Wow, sure didn't look that dramatic up here in Birmingham. I guess the zoom helped. What camera did you use for this? That's a pretty good zoom you got!
                That would be his Canon 1D Mark II N with a 400mm f/2.8 + 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters. Seriously expensive kit, but the moon is fairly close to filling up the whole frame.

I was talking to Kier as the eclipse started, and that combination is a borderline telescope. The one difference is that a normal telescope uses eye piece magnification to give you more zoom at the sake of quality, but there's no real quality decrease to your eye.

Comment

Very nice pictures Kier .. I wish i was there
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I saw that last night but didn't look as good as that!

nice pics

Comment

I only got to catch the last half of the eclipse, but thanks for sharing the pictures as I got to see what it looked like.

Very pretty indeed.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Was Overcast and snowing here at the time..
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Nice!

I've seen some photos by Kier before, they were cute too.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

It was chucking it down here so I didn't get to see it. Great pics though Kier

Comment

cool man

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X