vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    And your biased towards VB. So whats the point? I never made that up either. Look in my previous posts. I have even stated I was unaware if they had offices or not. I don't recall why I posted that or if I forgot to add it.

So what if I'm bias towards one forum or another. Most all of us are. Some prefer IPS, but still use VB for many reasons. Some use IPS products but prefer VB for many reasons. Just because someone is bias and has an OPINION doesn't make what they say wrong nor right. Nor just because someone prefers another brand does it make what they say right or wrong. Its funny, some on the IPS forums think I'm biased towards VB. So figure that one out. Why do people think that? Because unlike some people, I am not devoted to just one product. I have 2 VB lifetimes and 1 IPB Perpetual. I use VB for my forums, but prefer IPS. Make sense of that. Yeah, I'm so biased, I don't use VB and use only IPS products. You are what they would call a fanboy. And whats a fanboy?

Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual (usually male, though the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view. Fanboys are also stereotypically aggressive and hateful towards the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements.

Some people on this forum get brutal if you even so much as say something bad about VB. Yeah, thats mature. Some of the things people on VB complain about with IPS, they themselves are doing here. Yet are too blind to see that. The whole, "I'm right, your wrong." mentality is immature and shows a clear biasedness. Some people may say, "Well your on a VB forum talking about a competitor. What do you expect.". That could be the case. But also shows the immaturity of some of that supporters members. Hey, IPS has them too. But it's just sad to see reasonable discussion get thrown out the window because of it. Especially since 99% of what we all say is OPINION anyways. At no point have I said anything is fact.
    Whoa, chill out lol, simply ignore him.

Comment

• A forum needs to be presented and function in they way you want it.
      Ie, to not have our forums look like everyone elses or a brand name.

Features and functionalities are important but equally so is the ability to choose which functionalities we want to use, to what extent, and their layout or positioning on the board.

Progress is ...
      - providing more and more features and functionalities
      - providing best means to easily add, remove or customize any components
      - providing means, with complete instructions, on how to customize a feature or functionality
      - providing customizations instructions that are easy to find, clearly laid out and easy to understand and implement.
      Mark

Comment

• for me VB needs to improve the way it uses system recourses so we want keep getting more servers as our sites grows
        its like installing a new windows OS
        Every time you install a newer windows OS you need a better pc :P

Comment

• wow, angry thread

I've been happy with vB and the progress that it's traveling along at
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• am happy with vB but don't want to pay more each time my site grows

Comment

• Originally posted by bmanz View Post
              am happy with vB but don't want to pay more each time my site grows
              That has nothing to do with vBulletin probably. Any forum software (or dynamic site with changing content) has the problem that they can start small on a shared hosting and grow to a dedicated solution. vBulletin runs probably best for large forums, and is possibly why the bigger majority of big-sites use vBulletin over other solutions.

Comment

• I just installed phpbb's 3.0 rc1 to see what phpbb is like these days and I am VERY impressed. The admincp is fantastic and there are so many features in there vBulletin doesnt have. I am very very impressed. Who says you can't make something good for free.

I wonder if vBulletin developers test competitior products to see what they have in store. Phpbb has improved a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                  I just installed phpbb's 3.0 rc1 to see what phpbb is like these days and I am VERY impressed. The admincp is fantastic and there are so many features in there vBulletin doesnt have. I am very very impressed. Who says you can't make something good for free.

I wonder if vBulletin developers test competitior products to see what they have in store. Phpbb has improved a lot.
                  Like what for example mad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                    Like what for example mad?
                    Just what I was gonna ask

What features does it have that vB doesn't?
                    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

I just installed phpbb's 3.0 rc1 to see what phpbb is like these days and I am VERY impressed. The admincp is fantastic and there are so many features in there vBulletin doesnt have. I am very very impressed. Who says you can't make something good for free.

It still lacks things that should be default by now. I don't think they go around testing all the forum software out there.
                      Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

Comparing phpBB to vBulletin is like comparing the Zune to the iPod

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          Comparing phpBB to vBulletin is like comparing the Zune to the iPod
                          You seem to forget that vBulletin is 160 dollars + 30 dollars a year after that.

phpbb is free and open source. Its unbelieveable how they have features that vb members, here have requested for months if not years.

Whats wrong with Zune .

Comment

• phpBB is a simple board solution. It lacks to 5,000+ features vBulletin has.
                            $post[signature]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                              phpBB is a simple board solution. It lacks to 5,000+ features vBulletin has.
                              Yes (5000? Are there even 5000 features lol...), but vBulletin lacks some of the features phpbb has too. Install phpbb 3.0.0 rc1 and see how easy it is to set up and look at the features it has that vBulletin doesnt. You will notice quite a few very quickly . I am not saying phpbb is better than vBulletin, but I am saying it has developed quite a lot and its free software yet vBulletin is 160 dollars + 30 a year and its progressing very slowly with features people want a lot. We have no idea if vBulletin 4.0 is even half way done or anything like that.

Comment

Yes (5000? Are there even 5000 features lol...), but vBulletin lacks some of the features phpbb has too. Install phpbb 3.0.0 rc1 and see how easy it is to set up and look at the features it has that vBulletin doesnt. You will notice quite a few very quickly . I am not saying phpbb is better than vBulletin, but I am saying it has developed quite a lot and its free software yet vBulletin is 160 dollars + 30 a year and its progressing very slowly with features people want a lot. We have no idea if vBulletin 4.0 is even half way done or anything like that.
                                Why don't you list what phpBB3 has that vBulletin 3.6 doesn't?
                                Student Zone - A community for students

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X