vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Ooo, cool stuff, Jelsoft are hiring another developer . Paul M, this is your chance :P.
    No chance I'm afraid - they want people to work in Reading, and there is zero chance of me ever moving south to do that. I would certainly have been interested otherwise.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul M View Post
      No chance I'm afraid - they want people to work in Reading, and there is zero chance of me ever moving south to do that. I would certainly have been interested otherwise.
      Ah, I see.

Comment

Joomla has a usergroup thing (a plugin). You also need to remember Joomla is free .
        I am, of course, using JACLPlus, but it is not a long-term solution, and the JACLPlus team is actually having to modify OTHER 3rd party scripts to make them ACL-aware.

The first thing after you install Joomla, you install JACLPlus which replaces like 35 core files.

Originally posted by simsim
        It does not mean "worse" either. Many free open source projects are by far very much "better" than other commercial ones.
        We've been having this discussion in the Chit-Chat forum about shopping cart scripts. There don't seem to be any really good shopping cart scripts written in PHP/MySQL. There's osCommerce which is a nightmare to keep up-to-date since all the HTML is hard-coded into PHP files. There are some forks of the project like ZenCart (bloated beyond belief, admin panel is horribly misorganized), CubeCart, etc. If a shopping cart was written to the quality of vBulletin, it would be fully templated and contain 1/4 the PHP files most of these existing carts have.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
          At what point did I state anything as fact? Also, you may want to point out whats being contradicted as its very possible it may be more of a misunderstanding than a contradiction.

Then again there is the super secret world of Jelsoft people aren't entirely aware of.

One thing that has made me wonder is that Jelsoft and IPS are both initially located out of Great Britain as I recall. I'm curious as to which was does the better sales (i.e. which does better financially) and if there is a way to find out. It would of course fuel fire one way or the other, but for a private look would be interesting to see.
          Your posts have always been dripping with bias towards IPS and against Jelsoft. Me and others have commented on it MANY times in the past. You got called to the carpet for making stuff up "Jelsoft has no real office, staff are volunteers". Now take your medicine.

Comment

• Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
            Your posts have always been dripping with bias towards IPS and against Jelsoft. Me and others have commented on it MANY times in the past. You got called to the carpet for making stuff up "Jelsoft has no real office, staff are volunteers". Now take your medicine.
            my god...

cough cough medic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul M View Post
              Why does the location matter out of interest?

Why do you have to live in Reading when it's done over the net.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                Why does the location matter out of interest?

Why do you have to live in Reading when it's done over the net.
                Because they have work hours and work in the office quite a bit. Its harder to develop things when you have to discuss them over the internet . Discussing things and making notes in an office is much more organised.

Comment

Because they have work hours and work in the office quite a bit. Its harder to develop things when you have to discuss them over the internet . Discussing things and making notes in an office is much more organised.
                  And secure
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• I am very glad to see some updates on the developement status. Thanks a lot Kier .

Comment

• That was nice to tell us the date, Next Friday.
                      $post[signature]

Comment

• I'm also very pleased to see that things do move right around here

Comment

• Looking good, I am in need of blogs as my users really want them!
                          [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

I am very glad to see some updates on the developement status. Thanks a lot Kier .
                            I wholeheartedly agree. It was well-created too -- just enough info to please people without putting too much pressure on the staff in terms of ETAs and such. Really pleased.

Am also happy to see that vB will be hiring someone.

I'm quite a happy camper. Well done, Jelsoft.
                            Last edited by Tailfeathers; Wed 9th May '07, 1:26pm.
                            Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

I am very glad to see some updates on the developement status. Thanks a lot Kier .
                              Yeah, great advance notice so we can cancel any plans for the weekend.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                                And your biased towards VB. So whats the point? I never made that up either. Look in my previous posts. I have even stated I was unaware if they had offices or not. I don't recall why I posted that or if I forgot to add it.

So what if I'm bias towards one forum or another. Most all of us are. Some prefer IPS, but still use VB for many reasons. Some use IPS products but prefer VB for many reasons. Just because someone is bias and has an OPINION doesn't make what they say wrong nor right. Nor just because someone prefers another brand does it make what they say right or wrong. Its funny, some on the IPS forums think I'm biased towards VB. So figure that one out. Why do people think that? Because unlike some people, I am not devoted to just one product. I have 2 VB lifetimes and 1 IPB Perpetual. I use VB for my forums, but prefer IPS. Make sense of that. Yeah, I'm so biased, I don't use VB and use only IPS products. You are what they would call a fanboy. And whats a fanboy?

Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual (usually male, though the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view. Fanboys are also stereotypically aggressive and hateful towards the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements.

Some people on this forum get brutal if you even so much as say something bad about VB. Yeah, thats mature. Some of the things people on VB complain about with IPS, they themselves are doing here. Yet are too blind to see that. The whole, "I'm right, your wrong." mentality is immature and shows a clear biasedness. Some people may say, "Well your on a VB forum talking about a competitor. What do you expect.". That could be the case. But also shows the immaturity of some of that supporters members. Hey, IPS has them too. But it's just sad to see reasonable discussion get thrown out the window because of it. Especially since 99% of what we all say is OPINION anyways. At no point have I said anything is fact.
                                Last edited by whitetigergrowl; Thu 10th May '07, 6:17am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X