X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all i want of future Vbulletin releases is to use less server resources

Comment

• vBulletin is not making any progress

The world is not making any progress.. I've heard that the world is constantly turning but I need a proof because I don't believe that there is an progress!

Just like the world, vBulletin is constantly changing and only because you don't see the changes doesn't mean that there is no progress at all.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Just like the world, vBulletin is constantly changing and only because you don't see the changes doesn't mean that there is no progress at al
        I wish I could tell my boss that,... he expects tangable results to be delivered. Can you imagine?

(sorry for the jibe but that really was a silly example)
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Heh, those bosses!

Luckily, I am my own boss... Still, that example isn't silly, really, it's a good example of how minute we are in the grand scale of things, not to mention what we do. So, rather than complaining that there's no progress, why don't we try to look at where the minute changes are, they're there, and gee, some would call that.. yes, progress.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
            $160.
            Considering I just paid $2,900 for an off-the-shelf social networking solution, I would tend to agree....

Comment

• What social networking system did you buy?
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Originally posted by bmanz View Post
                all i want of future Vbulletin releases is to use less server resources
                vBulletin is already fairly server friendly, at least one would think, aside from the search that can get abit stressful on a system. What makes you think otherwise?

Comment

• Took a look into IPB and was shocked about extremely improvements made in last two years. When chosing vbulletin two and a half year ago both vbulletin and IPB were on same level, but now IPB brought out new integrated products and even improved forums (email for login, memberlist with show only users with picture features and AJAX based ...) where vbulletin concentrated on forums, which I also like.

Still prefer vbulletin for user experience. I strongly believe vbulletin is the better product. But that's why I am using vbulletin now and know about great service here and stability of product. And there are so much administration tools inside vbulletin helping to organize userbase. However not so well informed people could be prefering buying IPB products now.
                  Last edited by ThorstenA; Thu 3rd May '07, 2:23am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                    What social networking system did you buy?
                    Community Server (.org and .net).

Comment

• One of the reasons I chose to switch to vBulletin almost three years ago was because it seemed like there were frequent updates, unlike where I was last (even though I had been really faithful there). While I still really like vBulletin and think it is among the best out there, I do wish that there were more frequent releases and that we were also more aware of what's coming and around when. It does indeed seem to be falling back, and now that Jelsoft seems to be planning new products, I'm slightly worried it will start falling back even more as the focus goes from 100% message boards to also having to stick in other products into the equation (since new staff don't seem to be added, that is... if new staff were to be hired, then fantastic, but if updates are as infrequent as they are today without the same people having to also build/manage other products, then the outlook isn't so amazing when is more is added to the plate).
                      Last edited by Tailfeathers; Thu 3rd May '07, 6:14am.
                      Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Originally posted by Tailfeathers View Post
                        (since new staff don't seem to be added, that is... if new staff were to be hired, then fantastic, but if updates are as infrequent as they are today without the same people having to also build/manage other products, then the outlook isn't so amazing when is more is added to the plate).
                        Actually over the last year, we have added 3 new staff. Marco, Kerry-Anne and Marlena. I am sure we will continue to do so as the company's needs dictate.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Andreas was hired on as a developer, but I believe he is indisposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                            Andreas was hired on as a developer, but I believe he is indisposed.
                            No internet where he's at?
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              Actually over the last year, we have added 3 new staff. Marco, Kerry-Anne and Marlena. I am sure we will continue to do so as the company's needs dictate.
                              Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop, so I'm curious -- are they developers, or?
                              Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Marco KA and Marelna are support staff.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X