Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I feel ok with vBulletin. I work with many type of forum and I find the vBulletin is good for me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by raymeox View Post
      I feel ok with vBulletin. I work with many type of forum and I find the vBulletin is good for me.
      That's great news, I hope you purchase your license soon and that you become a customer. Welcome.

      Comment


      • To Jelsoft...

        I think Jelsolft have to be fast... competitors are consistently updating their software. As a customer of vB, I would like to hear something new. vB 4 ? I think so. Nice to hear perhaps if it would come to reality.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RvG View Post
          I think Jelsolft have to be fast... competitors are consistently updating their software. As a customer of vB, I would like to hear something new. vB 4 ? I think so. Nice to hear perhaps if it would come to reality.
          It's not so much about just updating software, but how well current software is documented and supported. I feel Jelsoft has always done a good job, especially with documentation. Since not everyone chooses to upgrade right away, it's good assurance that 3.5, for example, is still well documented and has many hacks and plug-ins available for it.
          Forums

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InfoNirvana View Post
            Agreed. The lack of a vB CMS is very noticeable. No timeline either, Jelsoft barely acknowledges it is working on a CMS-type product, which is really unfair.
            I believe they said not long ago that generally they're keeping hush hush on any kind of new developments because of past outcry when they would miss a deadline by a few days. I agree, VB needs a CMS product if they want to stay above the competition. I think it would bring tremendous new business their way (I know I'd be a customer). The new blog product (a la myspace) is a pretty cool idea and I'm sure I'll purchase it, but IMO a CMS, although a very tall order, has been what the community has been asking for more than anything.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mikhailtech View Post
              I believe they said not long ago that generally they're keeping hush hush on any kind of new developments because of past outcry when they would miss a deadline by a few days. I agree, VB needs a CMS product if they want to stay above the competition. I think it would bring tremendous new business their way (I know I'd be a customer). The new blog product (a la myspace) is a pretty cool idea and I'm sure I'll purchase it, but IMO a CMS, although a very tall order, has been what the community has been asking for more than anything.
              Not to mention the fact that both invision and phpbb both have revamped their admincp. Both of them have a very inviting admincp that you just want to be in all day and I am not shocked at all that vBulletin hasn't had that change yet and that it is going to be last to have it.
              Last edited by ---MAD---; Thu 19th Apr '07, 12:29pm. Reason: Fix a typo.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                Not to mention the fact that both invision and phpbb both have revamped their admincp. Both of them have a very inviting admincp that you just want to be in all day and I am not shocked at all that vBulletin hasn't had that change yet and that it is going to be last to have it.
                Actually, I havent tried phpBB's but I cannot stand invisions admincp.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Actually, I havent tried phpBB's but I cannot stand invisions admincp.
                  You mean the tabbing style or just the way its been layed out?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                    You mean the tabbing style or just the way its been layed out?
                    Well, it's layout is based on tabs. Personally, I think it's much better than vB's, but not everyone is going to like everything.
                    Forums

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                      Well, it's layout is based on tabs. Personally, I think it's much better than vB's, but not everyone is going to like everything.
                      Yeah I can understand that but not many like the current one either. Especially for a new customer / admin, its quite hard to get use to where options are etc. With tabs, you just select the tabs and it will reduce the options you have to look through big time. It also looks much nicer as well.

                      Comment


                      • Just this last week or two I've got quite a few complements over the phone on people saying how much they like our admincp because everythings right infront of them and not hidden,

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                          Yeah I can understand that but not many like the current one either. Especially for a new customer / admin, its quite hard to get use to where options are etc. With tabs, you just select the tabs and it will reduce the options you have to look through big time. It also looks much nicer as well.
                          Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Just this last week or two I've got quite a few complements over the phone on people saying how much they like our admincp because everythings right infront of them and not hidden,
                          Both these quotes prove my point. Some are going to like vB's ACP better, some will like IPB's ACP better.
                          Forums

                          Comment


                          • Soooo ... where's our CMS?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mikhailtech View Post
                              Soooo ... where's our CMS?
                              There are more important things on vBulletin's todo list I would say .

                              I think the developer notes should come back, it was very cool to see what developers were thinking. Or even the sub forums where suggestions where moved into just so people have an idea if an idea will be implemented in the future or not .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                                There are more important things on vBulletin's todo list I would say .

                                I think the developer notes should come back, it was very cool to see what developers were thinking. Or even the sub forums where suggestions where moved into just so people have an idea if an idea will be implemented in the future or not .
                                Developers notes... yeah why not. At least we know what are they trying to pursue in future developments.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X