vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
    I am really disappointed that it took so long to release a bug tracker and blog. It will probably take months for the new offerings to be considered production ready and I doubt they will announce anything new before then.
    Then why don't you go send your resume to Jelsoft and apply for a job so that you can help them out and speed things up to your liking rather than sitting in this thread and whining like a little baby.

However I suspect you really have no desire to do that because it's much easier to sit on your ass behind a computer screen and since you don't work for the company, assume that they are just sitting on their asses behind computers with nothing else to do as well.

Be happy they are working on new products and stop *****ing.
    Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Greps View Post
      we all know they won't, but I'm sure user-made import scripts will spring up immediately once the products become available.
      Yeah. This is new for jelsoft so it may take time for them to think about making import scripts from other products blog products etc.

@post above - thats a bit too harsh.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobAC View Post
        Then why don't you go send your resume to Jelsoft and apply for a job so that you can help them out and speed things up to your liking rather than sitting in this thread and whining like a little baby.

However I suspect you really have no desire to do that because it's much easier to sit on your ass behind a computer screen and since you don't work for the company, assume that they are just sitting on their asses behind computers with nothing else to do as well.

Be happy they are working on new products and stop *****ing.
        Thats harsh. First off, you can have 100 people apply to Jelsoft and not have 1 make it. Jelsoft goes as fast or slow as they want and has as many programmers as they want or need. It has nothing to do with how many people apply for a job with it nor does it have anything to do with sitting behind a computer screen somewhere else. As people that are paying for a product we all have a right to complain about it or the company if we want or feel its warranted. And considering how many other forum software have surpassed VB on these issues, I feel people do have a right to at least express their opinions on it.

Be happy that they are working on new products? Thats a rather arrogant and cocky statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
          Thats harsh. First off, you can have 100 people apply to Jelsoft and not have 1 make it. Jelsoft goes as fast or slow as they want and has as many programmers as they want or need. It has nothing to do with how many people apply for a job with it nor does it have anything to do with sitting behind a computer screen somewhere else. As people that are paying for a product we all have a right to complain about it or the company if we want or feel its warranted. And considering how many other forum software have surpassed VB on these issues, I feel people do have a right to at least express their opinions on it.

Be happy that they are working on new products? Thats a rather arrogant and cocky statement.
          Yes it is harsh.

Bottomline, unless you work for the company, you're on the inside, and you have a clear understanding of their workload, amount of incoming support tickets, marketing, business model, etc., you really have no right to make assumptions for their product development timeline.
          Rob

Comment

• Let them do it right, don't rush
            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
              Yeah. This is new for jelsoft so it may take time for them to think about making import scripts from other products blog products etc.

@post above - thats a bit too harsh.
              I think someone said that impex can be extended to obtain that job.
              Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                I think there is support but people are expressing disappointment, and not disapproval or lack of support., People are looking forward to a certain particular product (ie. CMS, Gallery) and would rather see these items come first instead of products with alternative solutions already in existance.

Don't get me wrong, people are thrilled at the first wave of projects announced. It's a sign of moving forward. It's just that, I believe people would prefer a certain priority on some projects. For myself, I'd like to see a priority placed on a CMS/CMF and Gallery
                I agree 100% with what you said.

Comment

• I'm sure the dev. team will look at our comments and have a resolution. I agree though with some replies. vB 2 --> vB 3 was a BIG change and with vB 3 --> vB 3.5 was a pretty big change too. I didn't like the 3.6 change at all. I'm really hoping vB 4 is a great product and something that will make our jaws drop. The dev. team here is GREAT and I know they can make the best things happen. I believe in you guys

I also think mabye you should check out vborg and look at some of the TOP and most used vBhacks. I'd like to see a few of them included, such as a welcome hack or even a shoutbox.

Comment

• Good to hear.

Also, remember, no matter what Jelsoft release first, there will always be a group of disappointed people no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milado View Post
                      I think someone said that impex can be extended to obtain that job.
                      Indeed, it was designed to do that from the beginning.
                      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                        Cool stuff. Nice to hear it from the guy incharge of Impex .

MAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          There are lots of vbulletin forums, that have one forum where people just create a thread "Hey, this is my blog" and this thread is their blog. It would be great to import these special forums. All posts from thread starter are blog posts and all other posts are comments to the latest blog post.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                            I think there is support but people are expressing disappointment, and not disapproval or lack of support., People are looking forward to a certain particular product (ie. CMS, Gallery) and would rather see these items come first instead of products with alternative solutions already in existance.

Don't get me wrong, people are thrilled at the first wave of projects announced. It's a sign of moving forward. It's just that, I believe people would prefer a certain priority on some projects. For myself, I'd like to see a priority placed on a CMS/CMF and Gallery
                            Agreed. The lack of a vB CMS is very noticeable. No timeline either, Jelsoft barely acknowledges it is working on a CMS-type product, which is really unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoNirvana View Post
                              Agreed. The lack of a vB CMS is very noticeable. No timeline either, Jelsoft barely acknowledges it is working on a CMS-type product, which is really unfair.
                              How is it unfair?
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by RobAC View Post
                                Yes it is harsh.

Bottomline, unless you work for the company, you're on the inside, and you have a clear understanding of their workload, amount of incoming support tickets, marketing, business model, etc., you really have no right to make assumptions for their product development timeline.
                                Actually we do.

We're paying customers working in a regulated capitalistic market. The diving force behind capitalism is complaining. If customers become complacent with current offerings, the market becomes stagnant and no improvements are made.

Competition is passing vB in some places and we're complaining.

Complaints and competition are the best thing in the world for the consumer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X