No announcement yet.

vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, but we are not those companies. And we want to create our own products, so we can ensure the same professional level of coding, support, security, performance, integration, etc.

Comment

• Jelsoft prevails?

Comment

• I am really disappointed that it took so long to release a bug tracker and blog. It will probably take months for the new offerings to be considered production ready and I doubt they will announce anything new before then.

Comment

• It actually isn't a bug tracker. Its more advanced than that. However, I guess you can't please everyone and we have to start somewhere.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• From the announcement Kier mentions supporting the development of multiple products as the reason why the prodject manager was developed into its own product... it looks like there is more goodies in store for us!

edit:

Just a note in general, please be supportive. I am pretty sure the announcement was made at our behest, because we've been begging them to communicate with us on whats in store. There is nothing more dissapointing than to communicate your hard work only to hear people gripe and moan that they didn't get the pony that they were asking for. The future looks positive and lets encourage them to continue communicating with us about where the vb-road is going.
            Last edited by Reeve of Shinra; Fri 23rd Mar '07, 4:31pm.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• I think there is support but people are expressing disappointment, and not disapproval or lack of support., People are looking forward to a certain particular product (ie. CMS, Gallery) and would rather see these items come first instead of products with alternative solutions already in existance.

Don't get me wrong, people are thrilled at the first wave of projects announced. It's a sign of moving forward. It's just that, I believe people would prefer a certain priority on some projects. For myself, I'd like to see a priority placed on a CMS/CMF and Gallery
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Well they are now, Some add-on products on de way.

Comment

• Gallery also has alternative solutions in existance

I'm itching for a CMS but I think a blog is going to be a huge part of any CMS needs many of us will have.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                    Gallery also has alternative solutions in existance

I'm itching for a CMS but I think a blog is going to be a huge part of any CMS needs many of us will have.
                    I was thinking that Blog may come in very handy for my forum mainly for my staff I'm not to sure, My staff and me could use it to be like a profile on them self or it could come to a waste of space I'm unsure for now, I may or may not grab it.

Comment

• My portal page is "good enough" but thus far I've not liked ANY of the integrated blogs for VB so I don't have one on my board. I was thinking of looking into WordPress MU but that would need a separate login from the forums and then I'd need to worry about a whole new program to worry about exploits with.

I'm THRILLed they picked a blog first and really look forward to seeing what it looks like (and I hope it does not look like 'just another forum' like a few of the others seem to look like *shrug*) Either way though, it's likely something I'll get for my members regardless of whether *I* like it...as it's my members that come first...

At any rate, KUDOs to the vB team! I'm glad they've found a new way to take my money (assuming they will charge).
                      Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                        Gallery also has alternative solutions in existance

I think most people would only recommend two products, and they are owned by the same company. vBGallery and Photopost.

I think a fair share of people are rather not happy it is owned by one entity, instead of two.

In any case, there are far more blogging solutions and bug tracking solutions floating around than there are galleries
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• The new products sound very interesting. Good place to start!

Good luck to the devs .

Comment

• I just hope the blog will have SEO options like the ones in vBlogetin. or better yet, have something completely customizable a la WordPress.

Comment

• I hope they will provide a method to immigrate from vbjournal.
                              Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• we all know they won't, but I'm sure user-made import scripts will spring up immediately once the products become available.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X