vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by osirisjem View Post
    Should I hold off purchasing vBulletin products ?
    Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
    I would say yes. Because nobody really knows what Jelsoft is coming out with or when they're coming out with it
    There is only one product available for sale today and has been for the last several years: vBulletin.

What Jelsoft comes out next, we have no idea. However it should not discourage you from purchasing any currently available products. vBulletin itself is out and available, and what is available next, we'll cross that bridge when we have to.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• we want a portal/CMS

Originally posted by wickedPlay View Post
      I'll only reply to the Subject ..

vbulletin com & org .. they both ROCKS!
      stable & customizable with a great support ... what else you want
      more than just a forum !
      we want a portal/CMS !

Comment

• Waited for years.

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
        There is only one product available for sale today and has been for the last several years: vBulletin.

What Jelsoft comes out next, we have no idea. However it should not discourage you from purchasing any currently available products. vBulletin itself is out and available, and what is available next, we'll cross that bridge when we have to.
        I've waited for years for vB to get a CMS-like beast. I must admit I have found it quite odd it has taken this long. I would say it is one of the more anticipated software releases I have been witness to. I think the abnormal secrecy behind the development of this impending product made the anticipation greater. I must also say vB rocks and the very long time it has taken to get *ANY* addon to vB by Jelsoft is nothing but odd. How could such a great forum software maker take so damn long to release anything ... that beasts like vBadvanced and vBportal could come about ! I suppose we'll never know why it took so long.

I guess Jelsoft has dug it's own grave here.

I think everyone feels the same way:

"It better be good".

[]

Oh, when the beta is released will vbulletin.com be the beta or will there be a beta test site ? Who will have access to the beta code ?

I can't wait !

Comment

• Originally posted by osirisjem View Post
          I can't wait !
          We'll, I can't wait too but with my luck they'll come out with a product at the end that I don't need.

Sigh... but I'm hoping for a links directory (with importer), gallery, and maybe a cms.
          DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

• If its a true CMS, I'd love to be the first beta tester. I have a few sites I need a full fledged CMS for and counting.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Here it is !!!

Announcing the First Official vBulletin Add-on
              Products

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224441

Comment

• So change the thread title to: vBulletin is making much progress.
                $post[signature]

Comment

• I'm kinda surprised to see a Jelsoft-made bugtracker released before a gallery system. but who cares, we wanted more Jelsoft products, and now we got them. about time

Comment

• fingers crossed a gallery and CMS aren't far behind, eh. It is great to see this announcement though, I'm sure there's more in the pipeline.
                    Last edited by Caiman; Fri 23rd Mar '07, 2:34pm.
                    Aye

Comment

• Originally posted by Greps View Post
                      I'm kinda surprised to see a Jelsoft-made bugtracker released before a gallery system. but who cares, we wanted more Jelsoft products, and now we got them. about time
                      Well technically the bugtracker is the first addon that our developers created for vBulletin. The feature tracker was the second (though customers never got to see this). So actually it makes sense that the two were combined and became project tools as one of the first products.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Hmm, I'm thinking that maybe I'll be able to use vbulletin blogs for a gallery, in a way. After all, a gallery, for some site, is just a place where people put up pics and people then comment on them. Can a blog be used for the same thing?

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                        I'm kinda surprised to see a Jelsoft-made bugtracker released before a gallery system. but who cares, we wanted more Jelsoft products, and now we got them. about time
                        DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

• I am not really interested in a gallery myself..

More so the blog and bug tracker interest me.
                          Also a CMS down the road would be nice..
                          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• I just woke up on my birthday morning, saunter over my PC and click 'refresh' on the forum and look at what I see. That's probably the best present I could ask for. This just made my day. Thanks vB team guys!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bboy View Post
                              I just woke up on my birthday morning, saunter over my PC and click 'refresh' on the forum and look at what I see. That's probably the best present I could ask for. This just made my day. Thanks vB team guys!!
                              Well, Happy Birthday
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• thing is, there already are 2 quite professional blog systems for vBulletin - vBlogetin and vBlogicles. neither of them are perfect, but both have dedicated developers and nice feature sets.

but there's not a single normal gallery for vBulletin. PhotoPlog has a long way to go to become a fully-featured gallery, and vBGallery developers seem to hate their customers and do everything to make customers hate them, too.

that's why it seemed more logical that Jelsoft will release a gallery before anything else. not that I complain though, I'll be purchasing both of the announced products as soon as they're available.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X