Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RedTyger View Post
    I don't know how the moderators hold their sanity against the onslaught.
    I don't know about the others but I personally use Zen Meditation CDs and lots of tea. If that doesn't work then I switch to coffee and irish cream. There is a lot of solitude in a really good bottle of irish cream.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      I don't know about the others but I personally use Zen Meditation CDs and lots of tea. If that doesn't work then I switch to coffee and irish cream. There is a lot of solitude in a really good bottle of irish cream.
      I use to drink alot of tea in my 20's. I have switched back over to Coffee now..
      Tim Horton's + Starbucks is a dangerous mix
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        I don't know about the others but I personally use Zen Meditation CDs and lots of tea. If that doesn't work then I switch to coffee and irish cream. There is a lot of solitude in a really good bottle of irish cream.
        Do you seriously use Zen Meditation CDs?

        Comment


        • Could we get back on topic please?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Could we get back on topic please?
            Yeah, back to the topic....are we getting nearer to an announcement for the upcoming product releases from Jelsoft?

            Comment


            • As Kier said, it's a matter of weeks.

              Let's start a betting pool
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                I don't know about the others but I personally use Zen Meditation CDs and lots of tea. If that doesn't work then I switch to coffee and irish cream. There is a lot of solitude in a really good bottle of irish cream.
                Amen! The Baileys Irish Mint is pure heaven in a bottle. LOL
                Rob

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS View Post
                  Why would I pay 30 dollar if I am not guaranteed to get something out of it? It is hardly an amount I would worry about, but I'm not going to give it away without purpose
                  It's $30 for the year and Jelsoft has been extremely reliable in releasing upgrades and patches each year.

                  If you can't afford to pay $30 for an entire year, then maybe you should reconsider whether or not you should even be running a web site.
                  Rob

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS View Post
                    Why would I pay 30 dollar if I am not guaranteed to get something out of it? It is hardly an amount I would worry about, but I'm not going to give it away without purpose
                    I personally spend $190 with vB this month alone. I renewed maintenance on an owned licenese and conveted another to an owned from a leased license.

                    I'm getting some pretty damned good software, with support, for money that is, in the grand scheme of things, pocket change. Considering what companies like Micro$0ft charge for the bug ridden crap they put out, this is a bargain. I sure don't feel like I'm "giving" anything away. I'm getting a hell of a lot of value back for my $30...
                    sigpic
                    http://www.supramania.com 4.17 Suite
                    http://www.mkiiitech.com 3.8.5

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Supramania View Post
                      I personally spend $190 with vB this month alone. I renewed maintenance on an owned licenese and conveted another to an owned from a leased license.

                      I'm getting some pretty damned good software, with support, for money that is, in the grand scheme of things, pocket change. Considering what companies like Micro$0ft charge for the bug ridden crap they put out, this is a bargain. I sure don't feel like I'm "giving" anything away. I'm getting a hell of a lot of value back for my $30...
                      Sorry but you try producing software as big as software microsoft produce and lets see what you come up with. The bigger software gets, the more complex it gets

                      Hopefully the waiting will end soon .

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                        Sorry but you try producing software as big as software microsoft produce and lets see what you come up with. The bigger software gets, the more complex it gets

                        Hopefully the waiting will end soon .
                        You know i am glad this was mentioned.
                        As far as Microsoft Operating Systems go, some people don/t understand the fact that fixing one "Critical Bug" can potentially introduce 3 or more new bugs..
                        This has been known for many, many years.

                        I say 3, as that is the estimated number of bugs that are produced when a Mission Critical bug is fixed.
                        So then the new bugs must then be addressed.

                        I am not sure about vBulletin's/Jelsoft's record on this, but i am sure if you ask Kier or one of the other main developers "Scott, Freddie" and the others..
                        You will likely find out that fixing a bug isn/t as easy as it seems sometimes.

                        It must be tested after it is fixed, as new bugs tend to arise after the targetted bug is fixed..
                        Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Wed 21st Mar '07, 10:47am.
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                          You know i am glad this was mentioned.
                          As far as Microsoft Operating Systems go, some people don/t understand the fact that fixing one "Critical Bug" can potentially introduce 3 or more new bugs..
                          This has been known for many, many years.

                          I say 3, as that is the estimated number of bugs that are produced when a Mission Critical bug is fixed.
                          So then the new bugs must then be addressed.

                          I am not sure about vBulletin's/Jelsoft's record on this, but i am sure if you ask Kier or one of the other main developers "Scott, Freddie" and the others..
                          You will likely find out that fixing a bug isn/t as easy as it seems sometimes.

                          It must be tested after it is fixed, as new bugs tend to arise after the targetted bug is fixed..
                          Yeap specially with bigger bugs where you have to go deeper in. A typo or w/e is a few seconds job but thats not the bugs that cause most the problems .

                          Comment


                          • Along comes vCoffee, makes caramel frapuccino hmmmm
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

                            Comment


                            • Should I wait ?

                              Originally posted by Kier View Post
                              More information will be coming soon, but our first batch of add-on products is now almost ready and is being used internally for testing purposes. I anticipate a beta program starting in a matter of weeks.
                              Should I hold off purchasing vBulletin products ?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by osirisjem View Post
                                Should I hold off purchasing vBulletin products ?
                                I would say yes. Because nobody really knows what Jelsoft is coming out with or when they're coming out with it

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X