No announcement yet.

vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THe $30 renewal fee is for all versions of vBulletin including bug-fixes. Of course it is your choice to keep your site as bug-free and as secure as possible. If it was $30.00 per upgrade then it would be a different story.

As it is, most of the requested products (blog, gallery, CMS, etc...) will most likely be separate addon products with their own pricing outside of what it costs to own and maintain vBulletin. This doesn't mean we can't offer free products but we are after all a business and it takes a large amount of resources and funds to develop, test, document as well as provide ongoing support for a new product.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• Excellent! I was hoping too for some new products from Jelsoft.
      I have no doubts that these new products are going to be quality just as vb itself is. No issues with paying for these new products here. Thanks vb team.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeeCHeSSS View Post
        So, as a comparison, you would also go into a clothing store and give them money without getting clothes in return, but would feel good about it, because one day they might have clothes you would want to have?

To each their own indeed, but I frankly don't understand your view

You are comparing apples and oranges, and others here (as posted) do indeed understand, so that's good enough for me.

Wayne Luke summed it up good enough in his post above.
        Webmaster / Administrator
        www.MegaGames.com
        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          As it is, most of the requested products (blog, gallery, CMS, etc...) will most likely be separate addon products with their own pricing outside of what it costs to own and maintain vBulletin.
          Does this mean, these are the add-on products that are being tested right now?
          Stock Investment Newsletter | Golf Equipment

Comment

• i only want the Vbulletin script to run faster and use less server resources
            i dont care about more futures and options . i just want it to not effect the server when your forums grow to a large size

Comment

• Nice to read there is some community related stuff in the pipeline. If the same business concept applies here, that would be excellent for vB indeed comes real cheap for a professional product.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmanz View Post
                i only want the Vbulletin script to run faster and use less server resources
                i dont care about more futures and options . i just want it to not effect the server when your forums grow to a large size
                All in good time. All in good time.

It takes time to find where to optimize and it's happening, slowly
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by vprp View Post
                  Does this mean, these are the add-on products that are being tested right now?
                  I believe he was using those as examples really, since they're one of the most commonly asked-for products/add-ons at the moment.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                    It is not Jelsoft's fault that people are cloning (badly) the features of vBulletin.
                    I'm glad somebody said that. I've felt this way for quite a while now. I personally think of vB as the leader in the field.

Many others just seem like they wait to see what vB does then copy it. And copy it in a manner which if I were vB would really tick me off...
                    Bob- (pank)
                    pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

• Originally posted by pank View Post
                      I'm glad somebody said that. I've felt this way for quite a while now. I personally think of vB as the leader in the field.

Many others just seem like they wait to see what vB does then copy it. And copy it in a manner which if I were vB would really tick me off...
                      And yet no one complains when vB 3.5 added RSS management after IP.Board 2.1 added it? Or how about multi-quote in 3.6, which has been a part of IP.Board since 2.0? Or is it okay for vB to copy features but it's no okay for anyone else to copy from vB?
                      Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                        And yet no one complains when vB 3.5 added RSS management after IP.Board 2.1 added it? Or how about multi-quote in 3.6, which has been a part of IP.Board since 2.0? Or is it okay for vB to copy features but it's no okay for anyone else to copy from vB?
                        Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
                          Yes
                          Personally, I don't see how it's any different. Everyone copies from one another. There are features in Mac OS that were copied from Windows, just like there are features in Windows that were copied from Linux. So what if IPB and the others "borrowed" features first in vB? Jelsoft is just as guilty, too. But it's the very nature of copying and competition that have made every available option that much better.
                          Forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                            vB had multiquote long long long before IPB had it as an addon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                              vB had multiquote long long long before IPB had it as an addon.
                              It was added in 3.6, was it not? IPB added it in their 2.0 release.
                              Forums

Comment

• vBulletin has had a multiquote hack/addon since 2.0.

The feature baton gets passed back and forth. I thought IPB had a roadmap as well, I don't see that anymore either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X