vBulletin is not making any progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
    From what i heard, Kier designed a new vB BMW.
    To be released in two weeks, patent on the vBulletin BMW pictures are still pending..
    BMW?
    $post[signature]

Comment

• Can't wait to see what's coming.

I too was pretty shocked when I bobbed over to IPB last week. I was impressed enough to buy their community bundle - however I haven't even opened it yet in hopes that something good is around the corner.

I can understand Jelsoft's reluctance to share information because of feature theft (and worse: ETA whinge) - however I echo the sentiments that it is important (and responsible) to keep customers informed about the direction that you are headed.

It's easier not to say anything (in case you change direction) however it is the worst possible way to keep customers and third party developers (commercial and free) from wasting their time and money

Regardless, roll on 'a few weeks'!
      My Twitterings

Comment

• it will be a blog, a chat and a gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Greps View Post
          it will be a blog, a chat and a gallery
          Yeah, a PHP chat will be cool. Because I hate Java.
          $post[signature]

Comment

• deviantART's damn-like AJAX-powered IRC chat... *drool*

although something tells me that an IRC chat is not ever going to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by Greps View Post
              deviantART's damn-like AJAX-powered IRC chat... *drool*

although something tells me that an IRC chat is not ever going to happen
              If you like an AJAX powered chat, check out Realchat. www.realchat.com

v5 is looking very promising
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                Yeah, a PHP chat will be cool. Because I hate Java.
                I'd more prefer an AJAX integrated Private Message enhancement so that people can write PMs and see answers in real time (chat).

I'd prefer to integrate things rather than coming up with new things.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post

Thanks for the link, Josh. I've never seen this chat before. It's fantastic - reminds me of the MSN chat. But it's a bit expensive.
                  $post[signature]

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
                    From what i heard, Kier designed a new vB BMW.
                    To be released in two weeks, patent on the vBulletin BMW pictures are still pending..
                    hehehe... I own a bass guitar that was designed by a team at BMW (true!) although not (yet) a vehicle with said moniker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier View Post
                      More information will be coming soon, but our first batch of add-on products is now almost ready and is being used internally for testing purposes. I anticipate a beta program starting in a matter of weeks.
                      Kier makes it sound like there is more information coming soon on one product and an additional first batch of more than one add-on product almost ready if I read that correctly. Does this mean 2 or more products coming down the pipe from Jelsoft? Excuse me while I get excited!

That said, I sincerely hope that any paid add-on enhancements for vB will have the option of being sold bundled with vB so it will be easier for admins to upgrade in the future. For example:

Packages:
                      • vBulletin base package
                      • vBulletin cholocate sprinkles package
                      • vBulletin cholocate sprinkles + almonds package
                      • vBulletin all the bells and whistles package

A la Carte:
                      (for those who have pre-existing non packaged versions or wish to add-on)
                      • Cholocate sprinkles add-on
                      • Cholocate sprinkles + almonds add-on
                      • All the bells and whistles add-on

My concern here is it could get rather complicated to keep updates in order for the core vB product, add-ons, themes and any hacks/custom work. But I suppose we already have this now.

I do have every confidence though that the vB team has taken into account any such scenario will offer sound upgrade paths. Game on guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by bboy View Post
                        Kier makes it sound like there is more information coming soon on one product and an additional first batch of more than one add-on product almost ready if I read that correctly. Does this mean 2 or more products coming down the pipe from Jelsoft? Excuse me while I get excited!

That said, I sincerely hope that any paid add-on enhancements for vB will have the option of being sold bundled with vB so it will be easier for admins to upgrade in the future. For example:

Packages:
                        • vBulletin base package
                        • vBulletin cholocate sprinkles package
                        • vBulletin cholocate sprinkles + almonds package
                        • vBulletin all the bells and whistles package

A la Carte:
                        (for those who have pre-existing non packaged versions or wish to add-on)
                        • Cholocate sprinkles add-on
                        • Cholocate sprinkles + almonds add-on
                        • All the bells and whistles add-on

My concern here is it could get rather complicated to keep updates in order for the core vB product, add-ons, themes and any hacks/custom work. But I suppose we already have this now.

I do have every confidence though that the vB team has taken into account any such scenario will offer sound upgrade paths. Game on guys!
                        I would imagine that any Jelsoft add-on products to vBulletin will be similar to how IPS develops IP.Board add-ons, in that they will be modular and literally are just plugged right in. This also means that all the configuration is done for you, as it just integrates with the parent product.

Basically, I think it would make the most sense for Jelsoft to release any new add-ons as a large plug-in hack of sorts.
                        Forums

Comment

• The IPS business model is very sound. Utilizing the existing forum infrastructure to deliver add-ons, it is a very efficent way of delivering products, en-mass on a short schedule and production timeframe. However my preference would be to have add-on products that could be dependent or independent of current infrastructure setup by vBulletin.

While old customers would be thrilled at the seamless integration, new customers may prefer simply the add on itself and not desire forums until much later.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The IPS business model is very sound. Utilizing the existing forum infrastructure to deliver add-ons, it is a very efficent way of delivering products, en-mass on a short schedule and production timeframe. However my preference would be to have add-on products that could be dependent or independent of current infrastructure setup by vBulletin.

While old customers would be thrilled at the seamless integration, new customers may prefer simply the add on itself and not desire forums until much later.
                            This would be a very good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
                              Leechess, you just took me back through memory lane you know.. the private beta vb3 forums are still in the archive on this forum
                              Either I'm blind, or they're hidden from me...

Comment

I've had a look at it before, but I am in no way interested in a plain AJAX chat. what I want is an AJAX-powered IRC chat which flawlessly integrates with vBulletin. that would make me spend any amount of money on it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X