Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, you can replace my site with something else if you would like. I wanted to show off the site's patriotism with a red, white & blue color scheme, which is why I nominated it for today only.
    Steve

F150online Forums - 92,000 users strong and growing!
    Ownersite.com - comprehensive preventive maintenance reminder & expense tracking system for the conscientious vehicle owner.

Comment

Sitepoint and Rapboards are tied. Cool, I'm actually tied with him. Thats an honor.

Whens the poll end? Go on for the whole month?

Comment

B-B.com. Gotta keep it in the (sports) family as it were!
        Matt
        Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
        Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Very good idea, and I love the Ultrashock forums. May I suggest that the word "best" is defined for the next poll, each of the forums up there is probably the best in their market category.
          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
          -
          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

I voted for opentechsupport.net and I'm actually surpirsed it's not getting more votes. It's a very well-designed site.

It was actually a close call between that and sitepointforums.com. Sitepoint is clearly the leader in terms of content, while Opentechsupport has a great look and layout. It wasn't an easy choice.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Honestly I think that ultrashock.com is the best however they have chosen to remove the required copyright notice and therefore I cannot vote for them in good conscience.

Comment

I don't visit sites that 'requitre' flash in order to view. That's just bad web design as far as I'm concerned. (IMHO).

I wasn't aware that Ultrahock removed their copyright notice. I thought we had agreed not to consider Boards that were in violation of the license agreement. Does this mean that pirated Boards are acceptable too?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

And sitepointforums is in the lead - congratulations Wayne!

Comment

Wow - I didn't even realize I was nominated. It's too bad I only have 2 votes - and one of them is mine . Thanks to Jordan for the nomination. You're gonna vote, aren't you?

-jim

Comment

Psst: I think the choices should be in alphabetical order .

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                        I don't visit sites that 'requitre' flash in order to view. That's just bad web design as far as I'm concerned. (IMHO).
                        Normally I'd probably agree. But the site is about Flash, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          Normally I'd probably agree. But the site is about Flash, after all...
                          Hmmm...well I couldn't tell since I couldn't access the site!

It still doesn't excuse the fact they they are violating the license agreement by removing the copyright. IMO this alone should disqualify them from consideration.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i agree

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                              Honestly I think that ultrashock.com is the best however they have chosen to remove the required copyright notice and therefore I cannot vote for them in good conscience.
                              Maybe they have a special licence, as one of the MODs is that guy from NRG.be (check your vB CP )

Comment

Scott,

Remember that many of us subscribe to this thread and view it again when there's an update. That's could explain why the view count is so much higher than the actual votes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X