My site got hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site got hacked

My site got hacked today. Don't know how, but I was using vbulletin 3.6.3. I contacted my server, changed my password, and upgraded to 3.6.4. I hope that helps.

They put a html file on my main page and in my forums page. In the file it had it had this at the top <!-- saved from url=(0057)http://www.zone-h.net/defaced/2007/0...w.wscf-me.org/ --> <!-- saved from url=(0036)http://www.copticforum.net/index.php -->

So I went to the site, and its a bunch of frickin hackers with no life. Seriously, who the Hell would want to hack my crappy ass site?

Aww man, very sorry to hear that. Could you think of anything that you would of done to make this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan McBain View Post
      My site got hacked today.
      Several years ago my UBB site was hacked. I got so mad at being violated like that that I ended up deleting my forum. Then eventually went to phpBB and of course now vBulletin. I check vBulletin almost everyday to stay on top of any updates. I keep my hacks, mods and vB as up-to-date as I can.

The probably got in by some mod you have installed.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
        Several years ago my UBB site was hacked. I got so mad at being violated like that that I ended up deleting my forum. Then eventually went to phpBB and of course now vBulletin. I check vBulletin almost everyday to stay on top of any updates. I keep my hacks, mods and vB as up-to-date as I can.

The probably got in by some mod you have installed.
        Hmmm maybe it was the arcade hack I installed. That's the only major hack I have on my forums.

Comment

Maybe i am overlooking something, but did they hack the forums, or just the main page or index page??
          Sorry to hear this happened to you, i hope it didnt set you back to much time..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
            Maybe i am overlooking something, but did they hack the forums, or just the main page or index page??
            Sorry to hear this happened to you, i hope it didnt set you back to much time..
            They put an html file on my main page and my forums.

Comment

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172234
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X