Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate support !! Say if you are happy or not.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rate support !! Say if you are happy or not.

    Hi,



    I am not happy with support. Too many threads with non-trivial issues remain unanswered.

    IMO there should be another 1 or 2 developers working ONLY with the forums. Properly answering all the questions on the forums is a hard task that clearly requires more resources than are currently allocated.

    After spending some time on these forums I think that I found an answering "pattern". Most threads only get 2-3 short answers. After this, most staff considers that enough time has been "wasted" with the given thread. The chance of more answers diminishes significantly.

    It would be useful to know what other users have to say about my observations, so please comment and VOTE.



    Regards,
    Razvan M.
    36
    Outstanding support. (similar or better than Google's support)
    69.44%
    25
    Good enough so that I keep buying VB.
    25.00%
    9
    Too many issues remain unanswered. Buying VB is questionable because of poor support.
    2.78%
    1
    It completely sucks
    0.00%
    0
    Abstain
    2.78%
    1

  • #2
    I think you shoudln't have made it public poll.

    Many users wouldn't like their choose to appear.
    $post[signature]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
      I think you shoudln't have made it public poll.

      Many users wouldn't like their choose to appear.

      Hmmm.... I always make my polls public. Some people vote on things that they don't believe in, because they want to help their friends. Other people don't know anything about a given subject and still they vote.

      Public scrutiny helps in the above situations and in many other situations as well

      Just like the "open source" philosophy. Make it public - it can't really hurt At most it can do some good

      Comment


      • #4
        Isn't the forum an unofficial support source though? For official support you should go through the proper support channels as far as I know.

        I have no complaints, even questions which clearly should have been restricted to vB.org have had at least a cursory answer from staff or someone knowledgeable. So if I get an answer to questions which they have no reason to answer, that's exellent support as far as I'm concerned.

        Comment


        • #5
          To be honest, this is not the place to discuss your discomforts with our support responses to your questions. Secondly, I notice this is the second thread you started about this. I hope it stays limited to just these few and that they are constructive and on topic.

          I've asked you before why you are not satisfied and which tickets or threads you have no response to.

          Note: Officially we respond to every support question within 24 hours.
          Goal: 12 hours
          Usually: Within the hour
          Average right now: 12 minutes

          As a customer myself I really satisfied with the support. And as a staff I am very proud working for a company where customer support comes first and where we don't say 'I hope you quietly fade away'.

          Comment


          • #6
            Support at Jelsoft is the best I've ever come across, ever.

            Besides, if you need official support they say to use the priority support system, not the forums. It's wonderful how many of the threads are answered by other members and even support staff, but if you really need support then submitting a support ticket is the way to go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Floris View Post
              To be honest, this is not the place to discuss your discomforts with our support responses to your questions. Secondly, I notice this is the second thread you started about this. I hope it stays limited to just these few and that they are constructive and on topic.

              I've asked you before why you are not satisfied and which tickets or threads you have no response to.

              Note: Officially we respond to every support question within 24 hours.
              Goal: 12 hours
              Usually: Within the hour
              Average right now: 12 minutes

              As a customer myself I really satisfied with the support. And as a staff I am very proud working for a company where customer support comes first and where we don't say 'I hope you quietly fade away'.

              You asked but you did not answered:

              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...72&postcount=3

              You know something ? Don't bother. I will find the answer myself.

              On this board I come mostly for news about VB and easy discussions. This is how you operate and you are not going to change this for 1 customer.

              Comment


              • #8
                I didn't reply earlier because when I went to the thread I saw you had a discussion with Steve. You are getting support for that. If you're unhappy with support and still require help you can escalate the thread to a support ticket or request someone else to look into it or explain it. Going around starting complain threads because you're unsatisfied with the answer is only taking up time from staff members who could instead help others who have support questions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Look's there arent a lot of people unhappy :x
                  Dutch vBullletin users social group!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    From my past experiences with Google all I can say is that 'similar or better than Google's support' isn't a compliment.

                    All my questions have been answered very fast and the most important thing: they all remained patient und friendly and I am not an easy customer.
                    That's the end of that!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      I didn't reply earlier because when I went to the thread I saw you had a discussion with Steve. You are getting support for that. If you're unhappy with support and still require help you can escalate the thread to a support ticket or request someone else to look into it or explain it. Going around starting complain threads because you're unsatisfied with the answer is only taking up time from staff members who could instead help others who have support questions.
                      You are right. Too much complaining is not good. I will see how I get help and I will use this experience in my future buying decision.



                      Regards,
                      Razvan M.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, you seem to be one of the very few people that have problems with vBulletin support. Jelsoft constantly says if you want direct support, use the ticket system (its actually faster as well).

                        The forums are held at a slightly different standard I would think, as this is where customers have a chance to help. When you look at it though, not all customers know the same amount of information someone from staff would; and thus, this can result in threads going unanswered. I have seen very few threads unanswered, and I spend a large amount of time around those forums... so which ones are you talking about? The staff focus on support tickets, and then the forums come after.

                        Give specifics if you're complaining about something. Have you double-checked to see if they were later answered? There are instances where there are a large amount of threads unanswered, but later all of them are. ... and what about these "short" answers? Give some examples here too. Remember that sometimes the staff ask for more information and the user themselves do not reply.

                        Considering Jelsoft has staff all around the world, and support is given pretty much 24/7 without any sort of halt or slowdown (unless it's around the holidays or a new release, but even then support is faster than most), I honestly don't see where you're coming from.

                        Looking back, I really can't see what you're problem is... nonetheless, at least I know I'm satisfied. If you don't like what you see here, then make a formal note of it and send it to Jelsoft. If it bothers you that much, go for something else somewhere else; but I assure you, you'll be hard-pressed for finding something with similar support tactics.
                        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Freezerator View Post
                          Look's there arent a lot of people unhappy :x
                          This is an understatement. I am the only one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I do not usaly have problems.

                            I do not usaly have problems as you can see by my low post total , but there is nothing wrong with vBulletin support.

                            I spend my time @ vb.org - they do not let me out in public anymore.
                            http://www.szone.us | http://www.gzhq.net
                            Twitter | Facebook | My:Hacks @ vBulletin.org
                            Member of Kiwanis Club of Chatsworth

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                              Give specifics if you're complaining about something. Have you double-checked to see if they were later answered? There are instances where there are a large amount of threads unanswered, but later all of them are. ... and what about these "short" answers? Give some examples here too. Remember that sometimes the staff ask for more information and the user themselves do not reply.
                              Ok. I will tell you more. I did not like the fact that JelSoft did not helped this guy:

                              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204071

                              I am preparing to make a big investment (I need to buy 4-5 forum software) and I don't want to be in this guy's shoes in the future. I am speaking about "CrossBones". He had an issue with a standard feature of VBulletin. I think that he should have been helped with some advice because he was having problems with a standard VB feature.

                              What if I will have issues with a standard feature of VB ? I expect full support for such things. Solutions in a reasonable amount of time. Even something like "we will have a solution in the next update". But just ignoring the thread is not acceptable for me.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X