New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car

After my car broke down two days before Christmas I've been searching for one, Finally found a good deal on a good running 1998 Toyota Corolla. This things nice Beyond a few interior issues which I'll fix, and it has no radio.

Sexy ain't it? It's a really good upgrade from my old run down 1989 Pontiac Sunbird (it's blowing a fuse to the whatever controls the gas flow everytime i turn it on) and even better than my 1984 Ford Taurus (which basically had it's engine blow up).

I see a fatal problem: no stick shift. Better than a Pontiac or Ford, though. A rental car I drove for a week last summer sucked ass...a Pontiac G6 V6. 200 horsepower, but the transmission was so horrible even for an automatic that you couldn't possibly utilize the power. Even the dashboard lighting had a problem where it was too eager to turn on backlighting, so it looked pink even in bright sunlight.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Personally I cannot drive a stick, tried and failed many times. Yea my sensor on the car seems to be working fine tripped the lights on last night on my drive home from my grandparents. Which is great because I'm horrible when it comes to remembering to turn off my lights.

Comment

I learned stick on, of all things, a tractor. It had a fixed throttle, so all you had to do was focus on the clutch. From then it was a Frankenvolvo a friend had, then a Ford Probe, then finally a real car: a Honda S2000. I can handle that pretty smoothly even though the clutch's sweet spot is pretty narrow. The Probe's sweet spot was practically half the travel distance of the clutch pedal.

On the other hand, if you drive it lightly, it'll probably last for over 150,000 miles.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

It would be tough for me to drive an automatic.
          All of our cars are sticks.
          But the good thing is I wouldn't worry where I park it.
          But the bad thing is how do you tell that Corolla from the hundreds of others in a parking lot?
          Good luck. I think you will have better luck with a Toyota than your previous methods of transportation.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1 View Post
            I learned stick on, of all things, a tractor. It had a fixed throttle, so all you had to do was focus on the clutch. From then it was a Frankenvolvo a friend had, then a Ford Probe, then finally a real car: a Honda S2000. I can handle that pretty smoothly even though the clutch's sweet spot is pretty narrow. The Probe's sweet spot was practically half the travel distance of the clutch pedal.

On the other hand, if you drive it lightly, it'll probably last for over 150,000 miles.
            Toyota's have awful long life span, most of the engines will outlast the frame as long as its kept up.

Comment

Bloody manual supremacists ... :P

Comment

I don't like it

Comment

The color is nice but the rims are awful. Based on what the steering wheel looks like it has some miles on it?

Will you modify it so that it looks more like a cool car for a cool guy..?
                  That's the end of that!

Comment

After I finish paying the car off The old guy in one of the pictures is my grandfather and he payed for most of it but I promised I'd pay him back.
                    130,000 Miles on it

Comment

Why did I think it was going to be a beast?

Comment

Drive safely Dan! A great little car to get started, what's next? Hummer?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X