Getting members to promote your site for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting members to promote your site for you

I wondered. How does everyone here get their members to help promote their site?

Are there any plugins? How about setting up a page with images etc that they can put in their sigs on other forums? Is there a way to auto generate the correct code for them to use with their "refferr" ID or something?

Any thoughts and feedback are most welcome!

Images would be ok, but as far as plugins etc, that would be an invasion of the users privacy..
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

No I meant are there plugins I can install that will create a "promote our site" area or something that helps / asks users to promote the site

Comment

I doubt it, but you could take a look over at

vbulletin.org
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by itrends View Post
          I wondered. How does everyone here get their members to help promote their site?
          Some of my members have our website in the signature and post to multiple related boards. I probably average 5 new registrations a day.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

yea, I know another site from years ago that used to talk it's members into being in the forums clan type thing. And created signature images for them to carry on other sites that he stored on his server and give them the code to use. Quite clever really how he used the clan idea to promote his site on other sites via his own members.

Comment

It is easy to generate code with images and links to referrer ids. Check on vBulletin.org for more information on calling global variables used by vBulletin and see if you can make a vBulletin page with images.

I am sorry that I can't get an exact link but I know there are tutorials on how to make vbulletin pages.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X