Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Thread" demo available

Hello Everyone,

After receiving a number of requests from new visitors on how to create a new thread topic, we have put together a demo on how to post a "New Thread".

Your welcome to post this link on your sites to help new users learn how to post new threads and thus create more new threads for your site.

http://www.webbinzine.com/demos/postnewthread.htm

Enjoy,

Nuguru
    WebbinZine.com

MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

You should post your tutorials on the vbulletin-tutorials.com site

Comment

So how do you stop the dog from barking?

Ok, what program did you use to record your user activity?

Comment

Perfect!

Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely do that.

Nuguru
          WebbinZine.com

Comment

Originally posted by nuguru View Post

After receiving a number of requests from new visitors on how to create a new thread topic, we have put together a demo on how to post a "New Thread".
            --Nice work!

The biggest complaint I get is how to use search. My personal favorites are: "I can't find the search link" and "I don't have time to use search".

Comment

Nice work man, keep it up

Comment

With all due respect, I've never come across anyone who has no idea how to post a thread on a forum. Even my mother, who has never used the internet managed to work it out!
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

You should have explained how to register at first.
                  Last edited by Mazinger; Sat 6 Jan '07, 8:20am.
                  $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                    With all due respect, I've never come across anyone who has no idea how to post a thread on a forum. Even my mother, who has never used the internet managed to work it out!
                    Just what I was thinking!
                    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

thanks for the helpful site floris
                      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                        Ohhh, I didn't even know about that site. I'm gonna have to find every VB related site now.

Also, I love that layout and color choice. A good style to base 4.0 off from maybe? (Unless you guys have something even better cooked up, which I won't argue with)!

--edit--
                        Real Name If you're confortable giving it, let us know your real name.
                        Confortable = comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                          Ohhh, I didn't even know about that site. I'm gonna have to find every VB related site now.
                          They are:
                          vBulletin-Fans.com
                          vBulletin-Styles.com
                          vBulletin-Tutorials.com
                          vBulletin-Languages.com
                          vBulletin-Chat.com

... All of them are one site, and uses the same database... as if you're registered to one of them, you're registered to the others... I don't know how, but that's pretty cool.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                            They are:
                            vBulletin-Fans.com
                            vBulletin-Styles.com
                            vBulletin-Tutorials.com
                            vBulletin-Languages.com
                            vBulletin-Chat.com

... All of them are one site, and uses the same database... as if you're registered to one of them, you're registered to the others... I don't know how, but that's pretty cool.
                            They likely all use the same message board.
                            Forums

Comment

We use 1 set of files, 1 database installation. 5 sites, 5 licenses, and 1 plugin to have all 5 sites use the 1 set of files and 1 database installation. The plugin is 5 lines long. This helped us offer 1 login for all sites, and have "global" forums and "content specific" forums. For example, the announcement forum shows on all 5 sites, but the tutorial forums only on the tutor site. We're currently developing the setup for vbtutor. We're almost done with vbstyle.

Anyway, we're going way too off topic. The tutorials I make on Windows are using macromedia captivate (flash), and on the mac I use ishowu (.mov)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X