Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"New Thread" demo available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "New Thread" demo available

    Hello Everyone,

    After receiving a number of requests from new visitors on how to create a new thread topic, we have put together a demo on how to post a "New Thread".

    Your welcome to post this link on your sites to help new users learn how to post new threads and thus create more new threads for your site.

    http://www.webbinzine.com/demos/postnewthread.htm


    Enjoy,

    Nuguru
    WebbinZine.com

  • #2
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

    Comment


    • #3
      You should post your tutorials on the vbulletin-tutorials.com site

      Comment


      • #4
        So how do you stop the dog from barking?

        Ok, what program did you use to record your user activity?

        Comment


        • #5
          Perfect!

          Originally posted by Floris View Post
          You should post your tutorials on the vbulletin-tutorials.com site
          Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely do that.


          Nuguru
          WebbinZine.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nuguru View Post

            After receiving a number of requests from new visitors on how to create a new thread topic, we have put together a demo on how to post a "New Thread".
            --Nice work!

            The biggest complaint I get is how to use search. My personal favorites are: "I can't find the search link" and "I don't have time to use search".

            Comment


            • #7
              Nice work man, keep it up

              Comment


              • #8
                With all due respect, I've never come across anyone who has no idea how to post a thread on a forum. Even my mother, who has never used the internet managed to work it out!
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                Comment


                • #9
                  You should have explained how to register at first.
                  Last edited by Mazinger; Sat 6 Jan '07, 8:20am.
                  $post[signature]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                    With all due respect, I've never come across anyone who has no idea how to post a thread on a forum. Even my mother, who has never used the internet managed to work it out!
                    Just what I was thinking!
                    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks for the helpful site floris
                      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Floris View Post
                        You should post your tutorials on the vbulletin-tutorials.com site
                        Ohhh, I didn't even know about that site. I'm gonna have to find every VB related site now.

                        Also, I love that layout and color choice. A good style to base 4.0 off from maybe? (Unless you guys have something even better cooked up, which I won't argue with)!

                        --edit--
                        Real Name If you're confortable giving it, let us know your real name.
                        Confortable = comfortable?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                          Ohhh, I didn't even know about that site. I'm gonna have to find every VB related site now.
                          They are:
                          vBulletin-Fans.com
                          vBulletin-Styles.com
                          vBulletin-Tutorials.com
                          vBulletin-Languages.com
                          vBulletin-Chat.com

                          ... All of them are one site, and uses the same database... as if you're registered to one of them, you're registered to the others... I don't know how, but that's pretty cool.
                          $post[signature]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                            They are:
                            vBulletin-Fans.com
                            vBulletin-Styles.com
                            vBulletin-Tutorials.com
                            vBulletin-Languages.com
                            vBulletin-Chat.com

                            ... All of them are one site, and uses the same database... as if you're registered to one of them, you're registered to the others... I don't know how, but that's pretty cool.
                            They likely all use the same message board.
                            Forums

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We use 1 set of files, 1 database installation. 5 sites, 5 licenses, and 1 plugin to have all 5 sites use the 1 set of files and 1 database installation. The plugin is 5 lines long. This helped us offer 1 login for all sites, and have "global" forums and "content specific" forums. For example, the announcement forum shows on all 5 sites, but the tutorial forums only on the tutor site. We're currently developing the setup for vbtutor. We're almost done with vbstyle.

                              Anyway, we're going way too off topic. The tutorials I make on Windows are using macromedia captivate (flash), and on the mac I use ishowu (.mov)

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X