No announcement yet.

What have we done ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you saying the UK is cold, which part are you in? For me in the Soth East (Surrey) I think its been a hell of a lot warmer than average for this time of year. Has not even reached 0 yet, well not for a while at least.

Comment

In the north-west, Lancashire. It is pretty mild at the moment though.
      [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

In NY we usually get our first snow around early November and have had it last even until May (!) before. Usually it lasts until about late March or early April though. That's to say, we usually get snow if November and it doesn't go away until then. In the meanwhile we usually have a good 4 to 6 inches on the ground for the kids all around to have fun with.

This year we got 2 little drops of snow. One around November and one on Christmas day. At least it was a (slightly) white Christmas.

However, our normal weather of (Celsius people beware!) 10 or so degrees, and even -20ish blizzards is nowhere to be seen. We're around maybe 40 or so here. I'm not complaining so much about it, though, haha.

Comment

It's very warm here, as well. Usually there's snow on the ground. Though I'm not really complaining, I quite like it -- but still a bit scary with all the global warming talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder View Post
            It's very warm here, as well. Usually there's snow on the ground. Though I'm not really complaining, I quite like it -- but still a bit scary with all the global warming talk.
            Thats hard to believe, being you live so far away from me and all
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Normal here... Very cold in the morning and warming to the 50-60s during the day.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Chroder View Post
                I live in Toronto too, man its different than back when I came here in 92. I remember snow was up to my waist (or approx then) now its up to no where.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber View Post
                  Normally here in the Philadelphia area we would have gotten several inches of snow in Nov and Dec, and the high temps should be running about 40 degrees F. Instead, we've had absolutely no snow at all, and the high temp forecasted for tomorrow will be 72 degrees, what we would typically only see in spring and fall time here and almost double what the avg should be.
                  --I'm originally from Philadelphia -- South Philly, to be exact. Nice to see someone else from my hometown.

I'm in South Jersey now and I'm seeing flies and gnats flying around outside; very, very strange.

Comment

It's typically around 20 degrees this time of year in Pittsburgh with snow once every week or two, but this year we've had no snow and it was 55 degrees today.

We still have the occasional cold day, but it's usually high 30s or higher with a lot of rain and wind.

Comment

We have had warmer winters in my life that I can remember. The planet has warmed and cooled naturally before on record, and most likely many more times before records were kept. There are places all over the world that once had glaciers but do not now. There are also places that were onces supposedly tropical, but are now cold.

Comment

A year ago we had a very wet and very long wet winter. The winter before that it was dry and constantly near to 0 temperature. This year it is quite warm winter and now a lot of rains where usually we have snow in January.

Comment

It's doing very well here in Egypt - most of the year also.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X