No announcement yet.

Me and My Palm Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you use your Palms for email? And how does it work? Is it good?
    Well, there it is.
    - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Some Cool Palm Software...

Well, I've had my Visor Edge for a few days now and have been looking around the net and found some cool software that some of the Palm OS users might be interested in....

Wordsmith 2.0 : This is a grate word processor for the Palm OS and its MS Word compatibale. Do check it out if your interested in a nice word processor for your Palm. http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html

SilverScreen 2.0: A wonderful theme based application launcher for the Palm OS. http://www.pocketsensei.com/index.htm

Pocket Quicken 2.0: The name says it all I haven't tryed it but thought some of you might be interested. http://www.landware.com/pocketquicken/index.html

Eudora Internet Suite: Haven't tryed it but thought some of you might be interested. It contains Eudora email, EudoraWeb browser, Eudora Mail Conduit. http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite/

Due Yesterday 3.5: A wonderful student organizer application for Palm OS. I've tryed it for a while and I love it its a must for students. http://www.due-yesterday.com/

AvantGo 4.0: This is a grate interent info provider for either people with or with out wirless internet. I love it so do check it out. http://avantgo.com/channels/index.html

Hope that helps a lot of you... If I ever come accross something else I'll keep you posted. And if you need any help finding anything I'll be glad to help
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      *--------* (IN THE NAME Of ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL) *------*
      ============================================================
      =================== Turki M. Al-Ballaa =================
      ============================================================
      I am a Saudi, I am an Arab, I am a Muslim, I am a Human!!
      @@ All Humans are one, the only difference is in [email protected]@
      So peace and prosperity to all, may we all live in harmony.
      Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net
      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comment

Fun with my new Palm!

So I received my Palm m100 today (came free with my Dell, what's to complain about? ). It's pretty basic - has the expected - address book, notepad, to-do list, etc. Two things I want to do are add games for when I travel and even some form of Internet from something like Avantgo, but I'm still researching that.

What kind of PDA do you have? What do you use it for? Favorite games? Do you have web access? Discuss away.
        Marc James
        Sports Central Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

I got a Palm Vx. I use it primarily to keep track of my press contacts and keep appointments for crap like confrence calls and interviews. Nothing major, site work.

No internet. Last time i looked it was way too pricey.
          The Wiire

Comment

I have a cell phone with unlimited internet usage for a flat monthly fee, does that count? :-)

It reads WAP/WML pages, but when interfaced with an encoder, can render any web page on the net. I can check my @Home email on it as well.

Its not as functional as a Palm, but I don't need to carry two things around, and the Internet usage is much cheaper.

Comment

Anyone use AvantGo? Is it free with no catches? It is my understanding that I can download headlines or something and then sync it to my Palm, then read them offline when I'm traveling, for example.
              Marc James

Comment

I use AvantGo every day.

I use it both for canned content from the AvantGo website as well as pages from within my own sites and other sites that are not optomized for AvantGo.

-t
                Tim Hewitt
                myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
                myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

There maybe some Easter eggs (hidden secrets) in your palm computer.

Try this site: http://www.eggheaven2000.com

Not sure if they have them for your system, but worthy of a look.

Comment

Originally posted by mjames
                    Anyone use AvantGo? Is it free with no catches? It is my understanding that I can download headlines or something and then sync it to my Palm, then read them offline when I'm traveling, for example.
                    Boy, I'm glad I decided to try it. Much to my liking, I downloaded it, installed it, and now use it whenever I'm traveling with my Palm!
                    Marc James

Comment

mrjames I have this urge to awp you for some reason.
                      Well, there it is.
                      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

I don't have mobile internet access on mine - is it required for this Advanta thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                          mrjames I have this urge to awp you for some reason.
                          What?
                          Marc James

Comment

What?
                            Like this:

Well, there it is.
                            - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X