Me and My Palm Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and My Palm Pilot

I got a Palm Pilot a couple of days ago and I'm having so much fun with it!

Does anyone else have one? Has anyone used any of the downloadable programs you can find online at palmgear.com, zdnet, etc? Any recommendations for great apps, tools or games?

Wasn't there someone on here who had a Vb dedicated to Palm Pilots?

I got one. The LE Champagne Palm Vx. I'm kinda pissed now that the m505 is out. Same size, but now has the expansion slot and is in color.

Oh well, i still love mine.
    The Wiire

Comment

I got the M105 because I wanted to see if I would really use it or not before spending more money! LOL My husband always teases me because I buy these toys and don't use them for more than a month.

Last night we went to dinner with another couple and the husbands were laughing at us because we are sitting there "beaming" each other addresses, dates, etc. She got hers on Mother's day.

Do you have any cool apps on yours?

Comment

i love these gadgets http://i4pdas.com hehe nothing there yet

i don't have a palm pilot but i own a Casio Cassiopeia A11-A
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a Palm Pilot myself....

Comment

Hey Me2Be,

Welcome to the Palm World I'm using lots of stuff from PalmGear. However, some of the great stuff is games and the people @ astraware make great games (http://www.astraware.com). You should really try out their Zap2000 on your m105. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised of the entertainment value it provides (too bad they use a BlazeBoard ;0 )

I also use WordSmith from Blue Nomad software for word procesing (http://www.bluenomad.com) and I use their BackupBuddy product too.

By far, PalmGear is the best place to get new software. For news, I like palminfocenter.com

Well good luck with your Palm and don't hesitate to ask any questions about it if you have any.

qasic

P.S. I have PalmIIIx and a PalmIIIxe in case you're wondering

Comment

I had a Palm III, then upgraded to the Vx. I love it. I don't even remember how I got by without it. As mentioned above, Astraware makes some excellent games. You can also look at Aaron Ardiri's games. Good stuff. As for the person who had a vB dedicated to Palms, I had one but with only three posts in three months, I shut it down. PDABuzz.com has a pretty busy vB. The first thing you should probably do is get a case for your Palm. RhinoSkin makes good ones. Then you should check out PalmGear's Essentials and Gear's Choice pages for good software. If you're just looking for games, check out Palm Town. Okay, that last one was a cheap plug.

Comment

I am probably getting a Vx for school, life and work...they are really awesome

Comment

I used palm for a while then stoped... However i just got Handspring Visor a couple of days ago and I'm liking it...

Not much programs I would recomand... I have one for class orginizing... However my faviorte program is Avantgo... Its grate do check it out and its free... http://avantgo.com/frontdoor/index.html

Hope you enjoy it...
                  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
                  *--------* (IN THE NAME Of ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL) *------*
                  ============================================================
                  =================== Turki M. Al-Ballaa =================
                  ============================================================
                  I am a Saudi, I am an Arab, I am a Muslim, I am a Human!!
                  @@ All Humans are one, the only difference is in [email protected]@
                  So peace and prosperity to all, may we all live in harmony.
                  Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net
                  <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comment

I have an iPAQ and am not sure how you all can use a palm. The color and sound on the iPAQ are awesome, and it can do almost anything my PC can.

Amy
                    http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

my dad has an iPAQ... very nice...

Comment

I just got a Motorola Skytel P935 ... haven't really played around with it yet...

anybody have one? know of any cool apps, features, etc?
                        What do you Listen-To? http://www.listen-to.com

i <3 vBulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by mister
                          I just got a Motorola Skytel P935 ... haven't really played around with it yet...

anybody have one? know of any cool apps, features, etc?
                          i find a simple search on google.com or alltheweb.com brings up alot of results
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by amykhar
                            I have an iPAQ and am not sure how you all can use a palm. The color and sound on the iPAQ are awesome, and it can do almost anything my PC can.
                            I think most people use a Palm because it does exactly what they want and nothing else. Most Palm users couldn't care less about how pretty the colors are or how great the sound is. They just want to store and retrieve information quickly and that's exactly what the Palm OS handhelds do best. The Palm is very much like the original Game Boy in the way that it's not the most technically superior product out there, but it does exactly what it was designed to do, it does it very well, and it has a helluva lot of software support.
                            Last edited by OneChance; Thu 28th Jun '01, 3:16pm.

Comment

Originally posted by OneChance
                              Most Palm users couldn't care less about how pretty the colors are or how great the sound is. They just want to store and retrieve information
                              That's the truth for me! I now have all my addresses, appointments, and birthdays/anniversaries in there. I've added a bunch of to-do lists and I'm good to go!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X