Custom Homepage for a Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Homepage for a Forum?

How does a custom homepage (not a CMS like vbadvanced) affect the traffic and feel of a forum? I was going to add a custom homepage to add a guide and helpful links for the specific industry. Any experience with a custom homepage? Good or bad idea?

I saw some nice homepages done with vBExternal, an add-on to pull out various info from forums to normal HTML pages.

Look it up at vB.org.
    You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

You could also try adding a custom side block to add custom content on your forumhome page also. Again that can be found on vB.org

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        You could also try adding a custom side block to add custom content on your forumhome page also. Again that can be found on vB.org
        I already have the sidebar. I need a site that can hold more article site content as well as the forums. But I don't want to add it if it has a negative impact on the members.

Comment

By the way, your next to the bottom side block is too wide compared to the other side blocks, the reason being is this link in the box itself "sponsoredlistings.ask.com." Because there are no spaces in it and it's a very long link, longer that the block width. Its making it stretch wider than the rest of the blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
            By the way, your next to the bottom side block is too wide compared to the other side blocks, the reason being is this link in the box itself "sponsoredlistings.ask.com." Because there are no spaces in it and it's a very long link, longer that the block width. Its making it stretch wider than the rest of the blocks.
            Yes, thank you for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
            X