Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, FireFox 2 can save vB passwords.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, FireFox 2 can save vB passwords.

I always hated having to enter my password several times a day when I logged into the admin area of my board. vB somehow did something to prevent the password manager of both IE and FF from saving the password.

When I complained about it here, always get some response about it being a security hazard and they will never allow it (the customer is always wrong I guess). Since I am the only person with access to this computer and its password protected on bootup, I see no reason that I shouldn't be allowed to use a password manager if I so choose.

But rejoice, I downloaded FireFox 2 and it can now save the admin area password in its password manager. Yahooo!!

If you're all still using IE, you should check out the CNet reviews where they put IE up against FF. Its a good read.
    OnlineConversion.com

I've never had this problem on any computer I've used with Firefox 1.0+. It must have been an issue with your setup..
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt View Post
      If you're all still using IE, you should check out the CNet reviews where they put IE up against FF. Its a good read.
      Maybe you could put up a link to this good read, as I'm scouring CNet now.

Comment

The security risk is not in people accessing your pc localy but people accessing your pc from the internet via a trojan. Your passwords are now stored on your pc for nice and easy stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chousho View Post
          Maybe you could put up a link to this good read, as I'm scouring CNet now.
          My mistake, thought I included the link.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7...ml?tag=fea_txt
          OnlineConversion.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X