replied
    Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
    Hi, Peggy!
    Hiya sugar!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom Finley View Post
    How do you intend to advertise? And a question for anyone, what are some practical ways to advertise?

Hi, Peggy!
    No idea. Hence why I said, "work up an advertising scheme."

Leave a comment:

• Tom Finley
    replied
    We're a nice little community right now, and that'll do until I can work up an advertising scheme and some content on the main site.
    How do you intend to advertise? And a question for anyone, what are some practical ways to advertise?

Hi, Peggy!

Leave a comment:

• Ohiosweetheart
    replied
    It seems to be taking a while to get my little forum off the ground. It's been open for about 2 1/2 months, and has a good little number of members, but few regular posters. Actually there were a few members who posted regularly in the beginning who have already quit. We get a very decent amount of traffic, both from humans and SE spiders.

I'm sure it's been slow going, in part, because I started it in the middle of the summer, admidst summer vacations, trips, etc. So take my advice - don't start a new forum in the middle of the summer!

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ashbrook
    replied
    I don't really advertise my forum like I should... and probably won't until the main site is completed.

We're a nice little community right now, and that'll do until I can work up an advertising scheme and some content on the main site.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase View Post
    We have just over 1.800 members and we never thought that we will get so far.

Here we are, almost 4.000 members and counting.

Leave a comment:

• paintballer.ie
    replied
    I used adwords for a while - big mistake and a waste of money....... dpending on your site niche obviously.

I gained more traffic on one day from a well placed link on another forum than spending €20 on google adwords over a week.

My forum has taken 4 years to get to where it is now and I still only have 250 active members. I get 1,100 ish uniques a day though, mostly from search engines.

Leave a comment:

• dascrow
    replied
    Try adwords. Thats help my site out. I've only been up for a couple of weeks and have had pretty good luck.

Dascrow
    http://www.tundratalk.net

Leave a comment:

• fusion2
    replied
    Originally posted by HexOnxOnx View Post
    It took me about two years of finding a subject matter that I was interested in that people were also interested in. It also helped to be a member of another board on the same topic who let me post messages asking people to join the site.

Thats sort of my problem!

Since 2001 i have been active as a moderator on several forums. But, none of those forums allow advertising or promoting your forums on their forums (obviously competition).

But, what gets me the most is that one of these forums, i can honestly say that i was responsible for its startup success.

How?

Well each day i would post 5 or 10 new threads that were lengthy and well written. My two friends (who own the forum) would respond back to these threads and before we knew it, we had a lenghty discussion between us going on. Eventually this sorta thing attacted more members and more posts. Now he gets about 3 new members a day and has over 15k threads which is good for a school martial art site.

Where i am failing with my own forum is getting feedback. I have posted lots of threads but i dont have anyone on my forum that is eager to voice their own opinion and get the thread rolling.

So i feel like my threads are left hanging and that doesnt exactly motivate me to write more threads.

I have been getting lots of visitors, about 39k within the first month of the website release. And im making a profit from google adsense. But, if i could only get people to participate.

I have reorganized my forum topics a few times, trying to find the right niche. But, that doesnt seem to work either.

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    It took me about two years of finding a subject matter that I was interested in that people were also interested in. It also helped to be a member of another board on the same topic who let me post messages asking people to join the site. They were not afraid of losing members because people enjoy posting on both since they are so differant. It's nice to have an active site again.

Leave a comment:

• fusion2
    replied
    Originally posted by sn1p34 View Post
    You don't pay everyone whom posts. Just the ones that you hire to post say 50 posts for 4 dollars.
    Ahh ok, but does that sacrifice quality?

I mean the average poster on my forum composes 1 or 2 full pages in their initial post. The people who reply average a 1/2 page. All this takes a lot of time.

So i wonder if someone being paid $4 for their time will actually write quality posts when 50 posts might take then several hours if they are writing for quality.

But, i guess if your looking to just post short things, then paying would be the way to go?

Leave a comment:

• sn1p34
    replied
    You don't pay everyone whom posts. Just the ones that you hire to post say 50 posts for 4 dollars.

Leave a comment:

• fusion2
    replied
    Originally posted by NashTax View Post
    Hi, yeah sorry.

I will pay people a couple of cents a post on my forum, say if they reach 50 posts thats $3 or $4 depends on how much I am going to give away. Active posts = active community at the end of the day.
    And how do you manage this payment program?

Meaning are these just friends who post or anyone who posts gets paid? How do you manage the tax aspects or is this strictly under the table?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X