X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Rip off of Mac OS X?

I think so. What you think
    Check out video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8

Microsoft needs to come up with their OWN idea's. No wonder why PC's are like swiss cheese TO MANY HOLES in the system.

Honestly, the features that they 'copied' are basically no brainer ideas such as Spotlight. I am sure that Microsoft would have added it eventually even if Apple never even thought of it. I mean I thought it before I new about Mac OS X features way back in 2001ish. Heck I beliece Spotlight was introduced after 10.0's initial release.

Also I am not a Microsoft fan-boy, I rarely use Windows. And I am more of a Mac-Fanboy than anything else.
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

They were obviously "inspired" by some features, but security issues and UI designs have nothing to do with each other.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Ha ahha haha, but still not *nix
        Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
        Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon-x View Post
          I think so. What you think
          Check out video > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8

Microsoft needs to come up with their OWN idea's. No wonder why PC's are like swiss cheese TO MANY HOLES in the system.
          so what? Vista is still better than anything Apple can conjure up. and check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
            so what? Vista is still better than anything Apple can conjure up. and check this out.
            OMG, thats so funny
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Each to their own. Mac OS X can do some things better than Windows and vice versa.

Comment

Thats video is quite funny, some how I think he was taking the micky. I never knew there were so many things in Vista like Apple OS has.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT62089 View Post
                  Honestly, the features that they 'copied' are basically no brainer ideas such as Spotlight. I am sure that Microsoft would have added it eventually even if Apple never even thought of it. I mean I thought it before I new about Mac OS X features way back in 2001ish. Heck I beliece Spotlight was introduced after 10.0's initial release.

Also I am not a Microsoft fan-boy, I rarely use Windows. And I am more of a Mac-Fanboy than anything else.
                  Yeah, I'm sure Microsoft would've added those features eventually...

I mean, look at IE7! Completely thought of by M$, and in no way related to Firefox!
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

And yet everyone fails to point out that Spaces was "copied" from Linux, that Time Machine is very similar to "System Restore" in Windows, and that it took Apple nearly 20 years to have a decent right-click mouse. But Apple can do no wrong, right?
                    Forums

Comment

They haven't wronged me yet

Comment

Time Machine has no relation to system restore. It's a versioned file system, not (necessarily) a disaster recovery tool only for system files.

Hence the speculation that Mac OS X 10.5 may use ZFS or whatever it's called that has versioning built in, and Apple's "two"-button mouse still sucks. Any mouse that requires you to lift all fingers off the mouse except for one on the right side in order to right-click is worthless...but you can use any USB mouse you want.
                        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                          And yet everyone fails to point out that Spaces was "copied" from Linux, that Time Machine is very similar to "System Restore" in Windows, and that it took Apple nearly 20 years to have a decent right-click mouse. But Apple can do no wrong, right?
                          As has been said Time Machine is nothing like System Restore. It is much, much more powerful than that. It is on the other hand similar to certain Unix backup tools.

The problem with Microsoft is not that they steal ideas. Everyone does that (including Apple), it is the fact that they steal ideas and make it worse than the original.

Comment

Who cares so long as it does not crash every 10 seconds.

Comment

rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X