Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photopost - same vb database or a new database

Hello,
    i wanted to know when using photopost, is it better to use a different database for photopost or just use the same vbdatabase for both the forums and the photopost.

thanks
    richard

i prefer the same db but overs prefer to have them completely separate.

Comment

I keep the dbs separate but there are some functions that work better when it's all in the same database. The PP db is not very big. And by using vB, that's one less db you need to backup. Looking back I should have used on, just be sure to use a prefix.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Seperate, purely for security reasons. If an SQL injection is found in photopost, it won't affect your vB this way, and vice-versa. And of course have different users for each database.
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

photopost database & vB database

hi i wish to have the same user database for both the photopost and vB and not two different users, how can this be possible if we seperate the databases ?

Comment

You can have the photopost and vb databases separate, but set photopost to integrate with vbulletin, and basically use the vb users.
            Kind Regards
            The Talk Photography Forums Staff Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X